We picked Park Shore because of its value and close proximity to the beach. Its location at the East end of the Waikiki strip turned out to be very convenient to get away to other parts of Oahu like Diamond Head, Koko Crater, Hanauma Bay, Kane'ohe, etc. The Waikiki strip is a traffic nightmare at times, so if you plan to explore beyond Waikiki, this could be the perfect hotel for you. Even if you plan to spend your entire trip in Waikiki, its still a decent choice.
Note: we were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and were given a "free upgrade" from a standard room to a partial ocean view (see photo).
- Steps away from Waikiki Beach (the "slightly" less busy end too!)
- Convenient location to 'escape' Waikiki to other parts of the island
- Wonderful "picnic food" shop (Tucker + Bevvy)
- Bar & Grill is one of the most popular nightlife spots on the Waikiki strip
- Surf School, ABC Store, Expedia expert, Starbucks all in lobby or adjacent
- FREE WI-FI (a must for all hotels I stay at)
- Small room (not a huge deal as we didn't spend much time there)
- Busy street corner, noisy on lanai or with door open
- Pool faces same busy street corner
- Wifi is a bit slow unless you pay for upgrade (its enough for email and browsing though, just don't try to download an iTunes movie in under 24 hours!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu