This was my 8th trip to Oahu and the Park Shore was one of the best I've stayed at. My husband and I recently stayed there early may to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. I've stayed at 7 other hotels but I never got the "Aloha" feeling from them like I did here. Leny, Desiree, Violet and a few others were always helpful at the front desk. This hotel is smaller but had all the amenities you will need. Every staff member (maintenance crew, maids, valet, etc.) said hi to us with a smile.
The rooms: We originally got the ocean front room (such a bargain for the incredible view). The room was on the small side but perfectly comfortable for the two of us. On the 2nd night, we had an issue with our room, the staff and manager on duty were quick to correct the issue and relocate us to a different room. We ended up getting the Jr. Suite that was almost double the size with an amazing view of the ocean and Diamond head. Definitely get a ocean view, ocean front or Jr. Suite rooms, totally worth the upgrade. Beds were comfy, plenty of space in the bathrooms.
Perks: You can borrow chairs and towels from the front desk, so no need to bring, buy or rent any. They also offer a car rental service (all Volvos) for $63/day for sedan or $71/day SUV. If you keep the car for multiple days, you do not have to pay for parking ($25). We ended up getting a sedan for two days, it was a lot of fun to drive and pretty good on gas. Lulu's is a fun place to go and have drinks in the evening. There is a pool but we never used it, the beach was right across the street.
Cons: You have to pay to print your boarding pass downstairs in the lobby, but it was only $1 so not a big deal. Other posters complained about the homeless people out front but that's a city issue that the hotel really has no control over. Other then that, I can't think of anything negative about our stay, that's why they get 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu