We stayed 3 nights in June. We arrived a few hours before the check-in time and I was nervous that we'd be sitting in the lobby for hours with our luggage. But we walked right up and they told us our room was ready. I was very pleased.
Facing Diamond Head and the beach, the view was breath-taking. We looked right over the zoo and could actually see the flamingos around the lagoon and hear the monkeys(?). The room was not large but was exactly what I expected in a city where space is at a premium. It had everything we needed including a large lanai where we spent most of our time when in the room. The room and, more importantly, the bathroom felt clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The only issue we had was on Monday night when the noise from Lulu’s club next door went into the wee hours in the morning. We like to sleep with fresh air but that night we had to shut the door and go with a/c. Even with the glass door shut, it was loud. Luckily it was only that 1 night. The other nights were perfectly peaceful.
We rented a Volvo directly from the hotel for one day on a last minute decision. For a last minute car rental decision, the price was fair. They have only a few available so be sure to inquire as soon as you can. The car was really nice. Getting to and from the freeway from the hotel was also extremely convenient. On parking, there’s metered parking on Kalakaua Ave as you head to Diamond Head. After 6pm, parking is free until sometime in the morning. It might be tough finding a spot during the day but if you wanted to park your car overnight, there were plenty of people leaving as it got later in the afternoon. We parked for a few hours about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and from our room, we could see the car. The bonus was we found a meter that still had time left in it and didn’t have to pay! It might be worth checking out the parking situation on that street.
Overall, the location being across from the beach was such a plus! And the people working at the reception desk were very friendly. Although when I asked about the best way to get to the airport, the girl was strangely unhelpful. She just said the best way depends on the person and how long they want to take to get there. Uh…thanks, but I kinda figured that out myself.
One tip: Right around the corner from the hotel, The Cookie Corner shares a space with Subway (between the Aston Waikiki hotel and the Starbucks). I would highly recommend the cookies. They were so delicious! We went there every day. And just before I climbed into the cab to take off for the airport, I ran over there and bought a dozen to take home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu