“Fantastic location, clean & comfortable - Nice stay”
Review of Park Shore Waikiki

Park Shore Waikiki
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in June. We arrived a few hours before the check-in time and I was nervous that we'd be sitting in the lobby for hours with our luggage. But we walked right up and they told us our room was ready. I was very pleased.
Facing Diamond Head and the beach, the view was breath-taking. We looked right over the zoo and could actually see the flamingos around the lagoon and hear the monkeys(?). The room was not large but was exactly what I expected in a city where space is at a premium. It had everything we needed including a large lanai where we spent most of our time when in the room. The room and, more importantly, the bathroom felt clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The only issue we had was on Monday night when the noise from Lulu’s club next door went into the wee hours in the morning. We like to sleep with fresh air but that night we had to shut the door and go with a/c. Even with the glass door shut, it was loud. Luckily it was only that 1 night. The other nights were perfectly peaceful.
We rented a Volvo directly from the hotel for one day on a last minute decision. For a last minute car rental decision, the price was fair. They have only a few available so be sure to inquire as soon as you can. The car was really nice. Getting to and from the freeway from the hotel was also extremely convenient. On parking, there’s metered parking on Kalakaua Ave as you head to Diamond Head. After 6pm, parking is free until sometime in the morning. It might be tough finding a spot during the day but if you wanted to park your car overnight, there were plenty of people leaving as it got later in the afternoon. We parked for a few hours about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and from our room, we could see the car. The bonus was we found a meter that still had time left in it and didn’t have to pay! It might be worth checking out the parking situation on that street.
Overall, the location being across from the beach was such a plus! And the people working at the reception desk were very friendly. Although when I asked about the best way to get to the airport, the girl was strangely unhelpful. She just said the best way depends on the person and how long they want to take to get there. Uh…thanks, but I kinda figured that out myself.
One tip: Right around the corner from the hotel, The Cookie Corner shares a space with Subway (between the Aston Waikiki hotel and the Starbucks). I would highly recommend the cookies. They were so delicious! We went there every day. And just before I climbed into the cab to take off for the airport, I ran over there and bought a dozen to take home.

Room Tip: When booking a room, call to talk to someone on the phone to make sure you get the type of room you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stilla
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Aloha stilla,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the views from your renovated Ocean View room, all of the nearby amenities that our property offers, and the in house Volvo Car Rental Program. We do offer free parking when you rent a Volvo, so there is no need to park off property. We hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another excellent stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Park Shore Waikiki

Reviewed 27 July 2014

In all fairness I must say up front that we only stayed overnight to catch our plane out the next day, however, from what we experienced at this hotel, it was very nice. We found the rooms comfortable and ample in size, although not near as nice as some of our other stays on the other islands. The beds were a little harder than I am used to, but not uncomfortable. We did not eat in the restaurant because it was way too loud for us. We like to party as much as the next person, but when I eat dinner, I like to be able to talk with our friends without screaming. However, a younger crowd was having a great time. They were helpful storing our luggage until we left, although one of the people at the desk were a little surly, overall the staff was helpful. I would stay here again, and I can recommend it. Based on other reviews, perhaps a longer stay and more use of the amenities would make for a fairer review.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lexaqua

Aloha Lexaqua,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad that you enjoyed your renovated room. We do offer plush pads to add to the bed if you feel that it is too firm for your next visit. We do offer many dining options on property and close by, and I am sure with more time you would of been able to take advantage of them. I hope that you decide to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have a fabulous stay with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

OK, listen, I never write reviews, but this hotel needs to be given high praise, so here you go. I spent two weeks in room 1407 from July 2nd - July 16th. Oceanfront and Diamondhead views off of the lanai are spectacular! Sunsets, no words.The room was very clean. TV was great. New phone with radio. Beds are very comfy. Bathrooms are a little small. But huge rain shower shower head made it no big deal. From checkin to checkout the staff was top notch. Housekeeping did a nice job every day. The location is a 3 mile run to Diamondhead, which I did every morning. Very scenic. Rented a car, and they did not have the basic model available, so they gave me a Volvo convertible for the same price for a week! Lots of good food nearby, including Tommy's burgers, which is the bomb! Get the Garlic fries with your orders for sure. Wolfgang Puck Express is right there as well, and is delicious. And there was a Jamba Juice being built right there as well. Starbucks is right next door too. And you are just a very short walk to Dukes, and Rumfire, which are two of my favorite spots on the strip. I stayed at The Park Shore for two weeks oceanfront for what it would have cost me to stay one week anywhere else. And I MUST be oceanfront! This is the only review you need to read. If you get room 1407 or higher in the same spot, you will not beat the views anywhere for the money PERIOD. The Park Shore is my resident hotel in Waikiki from now on. Mahalo! - David

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank David O

Aloha David O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location with all of the nearby amenities, the stellar views from your renovated Ocean Front room, and the outstanding service professionals. We are excited that you will be returning again in the future, and will ensure that you have another incredible stay with us.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had previously stayed at this property before it was taken over by the Aqua Resort chain and renovated. The location opposite Waikiki beach is the absolute best and the renovated rooms are light and airy although not very large. However, the location and price does make up for the size and the front desk personnel were very nice and accommodating when we asked for late check-out. We were also there for the weekly Manager's "Meet & Greet" with free refreshments one evening which was a pleasant surprise. Pool are could be spruced up a bit and the elevators do appear to be in need of a bit of an upgrade - but they worked and never had long to wait for them. Starbucks just around the corner is nice to frequent even though there is free coffee supplied in the room. Unfortunately, our small fridge froze the milk we bought for our in-room coffee and there did not appear to be any way to change the setting on the mini-fridge. All in all though a good location - wonderful "coffee table" book on the Hawaiian Islands - would love to buy one to take home. Cost not bad for location.

Room Tip: Oceanview is good choice - oceanfront can be a bit too warm
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank records
spauli, General Manager at Park Shore Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Aloha records,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our outstanding location, our very nice and accomodating service professionals, and your renovated guest room. I am sorry that your milk froze. We can adjust the temperature of the mini refrigerators, just contact the Front Desk and we will have our Maintenance department adjust the setting. We hope that you are able to return again for another visit, and we will ensure that you have another wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Best location in Waikiki. It has been updated since we were there, but we Loved it even with the old furnishings and carpet--because it is the last skyscraper on the King's Beach. It has the Best View: the best beach in Waikiki is right across the street, the Honolulu Zoo is across the other, with an awesome view of The Pacific Ocean, Diamond Head, and the local Mountains.

Make sure you get the Diamond head side, and not the dumpster side (we got that first, and I cried in the shower the first night). Lulu's surfer Bar & grill is downstairs, Starbuck's, an ABC store; and restaurants and shops galore within a few short blocks away. The International Market is ten minutes walk away. The Aquarium is a 7 min drive away. And it is not to far to drive to Hanama bay for awesome snorkeling ( or just cross the street with Snorkle Bob gear (about ten blocks to rent by the week; including prescription mask which I could see through better than my own glasses---and experience some of the best snorkeling in the world.
Eat at Lulu's (with 1/2 off coupon); Shorebird for buffet breakfast (look for coupons); the best Buffet dinner EVER is right next door at the Marriott .

I was there in 2008 with a second honeymoon, and it was one of the greatest highlights of our lives!!

Very helpful Concierge when we were there and I had a problem with my room.

Room Tip: Ask for the Diamond head side : the Best view on the Island!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lisa W

Aloha Lisa W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location with the views overlooking Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach, the nearby amenities that are available for shopping and dining, and our excellent Concierge department. We appreciate that this was your return visit, and look forward to having you stay with us many more times. We will ensure that you have another great experience with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here as a celebration of our 40th Wedding Anniversary and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Everything was just right for us, especially the view of the Pacific and Diamond Head. Lulu's for breakfast was spot on and every member of staff was courteous and friendly. Just the right location for access to the beach and a nice walk into the heart of Waikiki. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - if you are looking and can't make your mind up....stay here!

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlstravelsNailsea

Aloha AlstravelsNailsee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review regarding your recent stay at Park Shore Waikiki. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spectacular location just across the street to Waikiki Beach, the gorgeous views from your renovated room of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean, and our courtesous and friendly service professionals. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you can return again in the future. We will ensure that you have another wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We started our vacation at the Park Shore before moving to the Hilton. I was pleasantly surprised since I knew nothing about the hotel. The staff was very nice and helped us out with anything we needed. The location was great right next to the Zoo with views of Diamond Head and the beach right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jeff_Ham15

Aloha Jeff_Ham15,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on your stay in August 2013 at Park Shore Waikiki. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our incredible location with the views of Diamond Head and the Honolulu Zoo, and our very friendly and helpful service professionals. We hope that you are able to return again in the future, and we will ensure that you have another great stay with us.