There are more luxurious (and expensive) hotels elsewhere in Waikiki, but my wife and I agreed that the Park Shore offered the best location for us; a clean, not-overlarge, but quite satisfactory room (1121, I believe) with an eye-pleasing view of the beach and ocean; relative affordability; and very helpful staff. We found it quieter and less frenetic to be at very end of the Waikiki hotel strip, across the street from the zoo and a park, a walkable distance to Diamond Head. Nice that the beach area across the street from the hotel was sheltered by a breakwater. LuLu’s, the hotel’s second-floor open-air dining restaurant, seemed to have a varied and reasonable menu, and the sandwich shop adjoining the hotel entrance offered a quicker alternative. On Thursdays, for a more casual meal you might try the farmer’s market held in the courtyard of the Hyatt Regency up the strip. Overall we had a very pleasant experience at the Park Shore, and would not hesitate to recommend it. Though we lost a full day on Oahu thanks to United Airlines, the hotel understandingly modified our reservation from 3 nights to 2. We were still able to visit the Arizona and Missouri (with E Noa Tours – mahalo, Carlos!), and we did hike Diamond Head (took a cab to the entrance lot, but walked back to hotel), each of which should not be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best views around, the renovated Park Shore Waikiki is perfectly located fronting world-famous Waikiki Beach and is situated between picturesque Diamond Head and the excitement of Waikiki. For the ultimate experience, select an Ocean view room that features breathtaking ocean views, or select a Diamond Head room for open views of the Diamond Head crater. All rooms have a private lanai. The hotel's remarkable location is steps to the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Learn more about Park Shore Waikiki during our weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy having a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker in guestrooms for added convenience. Need to grab lunch or need some gifts for your family back home? Park Shore Waikiki offers an array of onsite shops and restaurant for your needs. Retail Shops ABC Store (6:00 am – 12:00 midnight) Hans Hedemann Surf School (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Restaurants Lulu’s Restaurant (7:00 am – 10:30 am, 11:00 am – 2:00 am) Starbucks Coffee (4:00 am – 11:00 pm) Tucker & Bevvy (6:00 am – 7:30 pm) Yoshitsune Japanese Restaurant (Breakfast 6:00 am – 10:30 am Lunch 11:00 am – 2:30 pm) Dinner 5:30 am – 10:30 pm) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Park Shore Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Shore Waikiki Honolulu
- Park Shore Hotel Hawaii
- Park Shore Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu