Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites
US$378
US$348
Hotelpower.com
  • Beachfront
Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$274
Hotelpower.com
1,678 results
All reviewsfort derussy parkwine and cheese receptionpartial ocean viewfull kitchenbbq areaacross the streetone bedroom suitekalakaua avenueala moanacity viewstreet noiseminute walk to the beachvalet parkingbeach chairsfitness centerfriday night fireworkssmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We stated here in our first trip to Hawaii with a view of running the Honolulu Marathon. The hotel rooms are bested aimed at travellers seeking independence as you get a kitchenette rather than a fully serviced hotel. This was perfect for us. The hotel is situated in Waikiki and near Ala Moana, with full restaurants and shops nearby. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_D_Andrews
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was just your basic hotel room, with a kitchenette- which is actually somewhat difficult to find in Honolulu without spending a fortune. It was clean, and the kitchenette does save some money on food, though it's hard to store/cook a real meal with just a 2 burner stovetop and a mini-fridge. Still, I thought the value was good for the location and the level of hotel.

Staff was extremely friendly, and checking in and out were a breeze. They put a very small hold on my card for incidentals, much less than I was expecting (it was either $20 or $25). Beds were very comfortable. Partial Ocean View room gave a very nice view of the ocean and the park. And the cafe downstairs had good coffee and breakfast, at prices that are about average for the area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchen or kitchenette. Eating out in Honolulu is insanely expensive. Also, the partial ocean view was worth the few extra bucks per night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennies_travels
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have stayed here three times over the last couple of years and absolutely love it. Close to both Waikiki and Ala Moana, and a lovely short walk through Fort Derussy Park to beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. Can't imagine I would stay in any other hotel in Waikiki.

Room Tip: It's worth the little extra for the partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MsRoamer
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I spent a week during Thanksgiving week. There is a tone or mood that every hotel creates not just by its ambiance but also by its interaction with guests. This place has got it right! You feel welcomed and appreciated. Staff are gracious, friendly and helpful. It's a small hotel and we enjoyed the quieter atmosphere. We had a corner suite, ocean view, with full kitchen on an upper floor. It was great. Two balconies, well equipped kitchen, living area, good sized bedroom, bath and a large closet with safe. Clean, comfortable, simple and dignified. Loved the location. You overlook Fort de Russy park. A very short walk to the beach and all the shops in Waikiki. Easy access to public transport. We walked to the Ala Moana Shopping Center in under 20 min. The concierge staff were very helpful in helping us sort out our tours and planning our week. The pool was a refreshing option after a busy day touring. There is a bar b q area where you can grill a steak etc , all well organized. Very happy holiday here.

Room Tip: The ocean side rooms are quieter and try and get an upper story for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JBLB
Reviewed 30 November 2012

After extensive research on Trip Advisor, I chose this hotel for my husband and me, and couldn't be happier. As we had a 12 day stay, and also having had a night in a Honolulu airport hotel and 7 nights on Maui, we needed an economical place to stay, and this fitted the bill admirably.
We chose a studio apartment so we could self cater and to cut costs, a city view room. We received a seniors' rate (50+), so were extremely happy with the cost. The view was not so good (the garage), but luckily we were on Floor 10, so had more of an outlook. The lanai was quite small, so we didn't use it. We had enough space in the room and more than enough equipment to self cater. We did discover that the extractor fan needed to be used even when making toast, and although small, we managed to fit in what we needed in the fridge.
The pool area and the pool itself were both small, but chairs were always available and the water was warm. For shade, which my husband needs, you could either sit in one of the cabanas or drag a chair into a shady spot. My husband used the bike in the gym and was happy with that.
I was a bit concerned about the position of the hotel, imagining it being miles from anywhere, but found this not to be the case. We walked to and from Ala Moana Mall, which took about 25 minutes, but is flat so not taxing (except when lugging home groceries and shopping). As for Waikiki itself, it's close to everything, and it's not far to the beach either. We only caught a bus once, to and from the Ward Centre, and the bus stop is close to the hotel.
The front desk staff were always polite and helpful, and we organised 2 trips through Matt, the concierge, both of which were good. Our rooms were always cleaned well, but we did do our own dishes and disposed of a lot of our rubbish ourselves. I was surprised that towels were changed daily which, although nice, is not so common in hotels nowadays. As an environmental issue, I think they should actually change this and use the system that other hotels have to indicate when you'd like a towel change. Toiletries were of good quality and replenished when necessary.
We had breakfast in our room most mornings, a few lunches and most dinners. We do like our food, but would rather save our money for shopping, which, along with some R&R, was the purpose of tnis trip. We actually got most of our groceries at Foodland, at Ala Moana, a much cheaper option with much greater variety than the ABC stores.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a comfortable, economic option of Waikiki accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple