“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at the Luana for a week in January 2014. The hotel is conveniently located and within walking distance to almost everything on Waikiki beach. The hotel staff were great especially the concierge. He was extremely helpful assisting with ground transportation and arranging tours. The café had good food for a reasonable price and the staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Albert S
Sunny C, Guest Relations Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Aloha Albert S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with the Aqua Luana Waikiki. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly at sunchan@aquaresorts.com.

Sunny Chan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Korean first
Cobble Hill
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Was lucky enough to visit Waikiki for 5 weeks Dec-Jan 2014 with my mom and brother and stay at the Luana. This was my third time staying here and it remains one of my favorite places. The location is perfect ..great walk to the Zoo, shops,beach at one end and to the Ala Moana,Canal, Ward Center at the other end. Pool is in the sun from 9-5 every day with the most comfortable lounges with towels of any hotel in Waikiki! Great bbq area and cabana's and chairs to relax in as well. Cheapest laundry facilities (washer and dryers) and good fitness center on pool level make things very convenient as well. New management made the transition of ownership very easy and updates are already being seen so a very positive sign of even better things to come at the Luana ! I can hardly wait for my next trip back!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park and ocean or pool from 7-16th floors are best... (07,06 units)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie C
Aloha Debbie C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for such wonderful compliments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location an excellent choice for your vacation. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your fourth stay. Should you have any questions, please contact me directly at sunchan@aquaresorts.com.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had a wonderful stay in every regard but one. Staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, room was lovely, location great. The only thing that was a pity was the pool was sloped and not safe for poor swimmers. I wouldn't go with small children again as a result.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Aloha Lynn J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay to the Aqua Luana Waikiki. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy the pool with your family as much as we hope you would. We are currently offering free yoga classes twice a week, and free bicycle rentals that you and your family may enjoy. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Should you have any questions, my direct contact is sunchan@aquaresorts.com.

Foster City, California
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A frequent "come-backer" to the Luana Waikiki, my wife and I approached our recent stay with some trepidation, having just heard that the management group had changed from Outrigger to Aqua on January first. Well...., NOT TO WORRY!

The hotel is still in that wonderful "away from the crowds but close to everything" location, the lobby is still one of Waikiki's most beautiful (the shell collection is hands down the finest we have ever seen), and the staff, while new faces, are just as caring, attentive, and helpful. General Manager Rudy Fao could not have been more pleasant, and his leadership obviously filters down to his staff, who made us feel welcome immediately, and were ready to answer all questions and help whenever possible. Mark Turina, Ebony, Jana, Jenn, and Romeo were names easily remembered for their attention to our stay.

As we said, NOT TO WORRY. The Luana Waikiki remains that hidden jem on Kalakaua offering excellent value, superb location, beautiful, well appointed rooms, a lobby that won't quit, and staff dedicated to making your stay one to remember.

Make your reservations early. The secret is out.

Charmaine and Stew Leber

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Stewart L
Aloha Stewart L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and extensive review for your recent stay to the Aqua Luana Waikiki. I am glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and found our team attentive to your needs and expectations. I have since showed our team your review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at sunchan@aquaresorts.com

Regards,
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great location only a few minutes walk to the famous Waikiki beach! And value priced! Rooms are nice, clean, full service, laundry for guests, restaurant, free coffee, desk staff are courteous and knowledgable, bell hop had all bus numbers, and would call a shuttle if needed. 16 days, got us a few months of well deserved rest! Planning our return trip back here next year!

Room Tip: Seems like you will hear sirens in any room, but remember your in a very large and busy city, keep t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wade M
Aloha Wade M,

Thank you for writing such an excellent review of the Aqua Luana Waikiki. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location and rooms to be favorable. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Warmest Mahalo,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Soon as I arrived, valet was very helpful and was so throughout my stay. He explained the process and stated we weren't obligated to tip and don't feel pressured. :O super friendly valet team.

Check in was great! Answered all my questions and was more than willing to help! My cousins checked in a few days after me they were assigned room on different floor but front desk was able to adjust that to have them stay on same floor. Thumbs up.

There was snacks/fruits/chinese new year candy for free at front counter, freebies! Just adds to the touch of my day when I leave and when I end my night, smiles!

Room was perfect for wife and I, spacious! Even had desk and coffee table. AC was loud, had to turn tv volume up BUT leave balcony door open and let fresh breeze come in!! Turn that ac off! :)

Over all A+ would love to stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2014
Aloha DavidofLasVegas,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review for your recent stay with us. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family on the same floor. It is great to hear that you had a chance to try the different snacks that we offer throughout the day and now we have rice crackers in the afternoon. Again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Auckland
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Would just like to thank all the staff at Luana for such a wonderful stay. The staff were amazing and so friendly and helpful. The hotel is located handy to everything. The room was spotless and clean. My husband and myself and daughter had a wonderful 6 days there and I would highly recommend the Luana to anyone that is travelling to Honolulu. Couldnt have asked for anything better.
Thank you to all the staff once again for such an awesome stay.................We didnt want to leave.
James who greets you and takes your bags off the bus. You are awesome...
We were there january 2014.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had amazing views...............................no noise was just perfe...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Aloha JudyAuckland,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation. Since reading this review, I made a copy for James. He was ecstatic. So, thank you for that. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at sunchan@aquaresorts.com.