Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites
US$323
US$483
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$414
Agoda.com
US$229
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$300
US$229
1,680 results
All reviewsfort derussy parkwine and cheese receptionpartial ocean viewfull kitchenbbq areaacross the streetone bedroom suitekalakaua avenueala moanacity viewstreet noiseminute walk to the beachvalet parkingbeach chairsfitness centerfriday night fireworkssmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just returned from Hawaii-Oahu on Wednesday 03/12/14 and I stayed @ the Luana Hotel and it was great. I really loved the hotel it is beautiful. The hotel did not have a rating when I booked through my travel agency so I was skeptical but it turned out to be very nice. My room had a mini kitchen, no stove. The front desk staff- hi Ebony was great from check-in to check-out. The concierge Matthew F. was very helpful from the time I checked in, he helped to arrange my tours and confirmed my departure transport to airport so I didn't have to worry about calling. The evening concierge was very nice and helpful also when I decided last minute to change one of my tours. This is my second trip to Hawaii and definitely plan to return again and to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sunny C, Guest Relations Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Aloha iLuvHawaii14,

Mahalo for your commendations and this wonderful review of your recent stay with us! Thank you for recognizing Ebony and Matthew. It is always refreshing to hear such great comments from our guests about service and our property. I look forward to personally greeting you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a treat to be received by a hotel valet (Alli) who was not just about parking cars...but really cared about and wanted to help each and every guest...(even if they didn't have a car)!! From day one...Alli was incredibly informative about restaurants to go to and places to see...by day two I realized that she was the best "face" of Luana Waikiki... always cheerful and an incredibly hard worker. Even more impressive was that Alli helped guests even on her own time..when not working! The other staff were also always friendly and helpful...The room and lobby were beautiful and clean..Overall I would highly recommend and I look forward to returning...Congratulations to the Luana Waikiki for having such extraordinaire employees who go above and beyond the call of duty to give all guests the best experience possible!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Aloha Sandra N,

Thank you for this stellar review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found Alli an extraordinary valet attendant. We have since showed her this review, and she received it well. Our team strives to go above and beyond for our guests and it is great to hear that she was able to provide you with such service.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having learned Aqua Resorts took over this hotel I took the "Snooze'n Crooze" package, (room/car/parking), that Aqua Resorts offers. Unfortunately, this staff has not been fully informed of this package which caused a confused/slower check in and check out, (barely made our flight out). I respect Front Desk Jackie for her diligence for assisting with our room, parking and billing. My husband and I had a repeated nice stay-beautiful view, but very noisy a/c; met all our expectations except the parking situation, (valet guys were great). One more note, be careful, the tub is very slippery; no hand/grab rails.

Room Tip: Above 5th floor to avoid street noise.
1  Thank napavalleygal
Sunny C, Guest Relations Manager at Luana Waikiki Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Aloha napavalleygal,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review for us. It is unfortunate that we did not provide for a smooth check in and we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. This issue has been brought to management's attention, addressed and our team is fully aware of its details. Thank you for recognizing Jackie and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the view.

Again, we would like to thank you for staying with us, Mahalo!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter-in-law made the reservations for us (thru another site that is NOT flexible with changes!!), but we had a bit of a mix up on what nights we were staying. Brenna, one of the check in staff, spent quite a bit of time with us making everything right. Even the manager came out to see what he could help with. Talk about amazing customer service. Never once did anyone pass us off or say they couldn't help us. I really felt like Brenna worked with us until it we had everything fixed. All the staff throughout the hotel were always polite, cheerful, and helpful.
The lobby and rooms were clean and beautiful. Each room has a wonderful lanai with chairs to enjoy the views. Good job Luana Waikiki!! Thanks very much!

2  Thank cmarypoppins

Aloha cmarypoppins,

Thank you for your commendation and for recognizing Brenna as our Rock Star! We work really hard to personalize each experience and we are glad that Brenna and our team were able to accommodate your requests. Again, we would like to thank you for staying with us at the Luana.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I spent a week in another hotel and moved to this hotel. First impression of my room, very nice. It was big, had a small kitchen setup, a large lanai with a great view over the park. The woman at the front desk was sweet, and allowed me to check in early. The pool was wonderful compared to the previous place I stayed at.
The cons: the air conditioner was not working, it was an old window air conditioner. The maintenance men came in and fixed it. Unfortunately, it went off again in the middle of the night and it was quite warm and uncomfortable. The next morning while I was getting ready to check out it was hot and not fun to rush around in a hot room.
I've learned that the air-conditioning unit has been replaced. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: A higher room overlooking the park was nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank flygirl_7

Aloha flygirl_7,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at the Luana. My guest service agents are thrilled your early accommodation requests were met. It is unfortunate that the air condition unit was faulty during your stay, but we are happy to say that we have addressed the issue. Again, we would like to thank you for staying with the Luana Waikiki.