“Great times SUP”

Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Lessons and Tours. Learn to SUP in a laid-back environment. Lots of individual attention. Explore the coast line doing an easy down-wind run. Enjoy the beautiful ocean, get a little exercise and have lots of fun! Private lessons only. Owner-operated.
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Great times SUP”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I found ThreeFriends SUP on Trip Advisor when I was looking for a fun adventure to do by myself while my husband was at work all day in Honolulu. Vanya emailed me back the same day I inquired about SUP lessons. I did the Kahana River and Bay paddle. Vanya emailed me thorough driving directions from Waikiki to Kahana Bay. She made me feel comfortable driving across the island by myself to meet her for paddleboarding. She was so patient teaching me to SUP. She was a great guide, pointing out wildlife (stingrays, baby hammerhead sharks, birds) and providing suggestions for places to visit in Oahu. After paddleboarding, I found a low tire on my rental car. Vanya led me to a nearby gas station for air. She emailed me that night to make sure I got home okay. I am so glad I chose Three Friends SUP for my adventure. Vanya was the best!! The Kahana River and Bay paddle was beautiful and the highlight of my trip to Oahu!

Visited October 2013

Boise, Idaho, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific experience!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

When I asked my 12 year old daughter what one thing she wanted to try in Hawaii, she said stand up paddling. So after a little searching, I found Vanya and Three Friends SUP, and I couldn't be happier!

This was our first time doing this, and Vanya very patiently instructed us. It was definitely worth it to pay extra for the personalized instruction and attention. We saw other people later in the week who rented boards and paddles on their own, and they were having all kinds of trouble because they didn't know what they were doing.

She suggested a route from Kahala to Kawaikui Beach Park, which was a good workout but not too strenuous. The water was shallow and not too rough. Unfortunately, we didn't see any turtles, but that's ok. If we decide to go to Oahu on our next Hawaii trip, I'll definitely call her again!

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Thanks V!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

SUP with Vanya (or "V" for short) was just such great fun! I'd been wanting to try it for ages and V made it all so easy - she promptly returned my call when I wanted to book, had all the gear we needed (and a cold bottle of water and homemade cookies once we were done). We saw 3 turtles out where we were paddling which was awesome. V is a great instructor and has a great sense of humour. She cares about the ocean and her hometown and also offered up some great local advice for good places to eat, shop and visit. Thanks again V!

Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“3 Friends the best for SUP lessons!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was the highlight of our Hawaii visit! I am so glad I found a Trip Advisor review for 3 Friends, as I was trying to schedule a SUP lesson, but could not get a return call from anybody. Vanya not only returned my call, but was able to schedule us for a lesson that day.
Vanya is a great instructor and guide. She met us as Ala Moana beach with all the equipment - boards and paddles. Plus she had some water socks for us to use AND a waterproof pouch for my car key. I realized when we got there that my car key could not get wet. Duh!
It was a little windy, so standing up was a challenge. But we got to see some turtles.
Oh yeah, the water and homemade cookies she provided afterward were a great touch!
I highly recommend 3 Friends.

Visited July 2013
Hermosa Beach, California, United States
“The Best!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I met Vanya for a 2 hour SUP and it was one of the best recreational activities I have experienced. The gear (boards and paddles), instruction, and their oversight of a Three Friends SUP session all hit the mark just right and it is a great activity for young/old and singles/families. It is like having a best friend or family member* who is really good at something taking you out to share the activity with you (*excluding mom and dad teaching you how to drive). In fact Three Friends is an appropriate name for their business because they are just that with their customers...Friends!

Visited July 2013