“SUPing with Three Friends”

Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Lessons and Tours. Learn to SUP in a laid-back environment. Lots of individual attention. Explore the coast line doing an easy down-wind run. Enjoy the beautiful ocean, get a little exercise and have lots of fun! Private lessons only. Owner-operated.
Salem, Oregon
“SUPing with Three Friends”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I took SUPing lessons with Vanya from Three Friends Stand Up Paddle Adventures. It was a perfect day and so much fun. Vanya was an excellent instructor and we had a blast. If you're headed to Honolulu and are considering taking paddle lessons I highly recommend Vanya from Three Friends. Lessons were secured via emails.

Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome Awesome Awesome”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The two-mile downwind run with Vanya was the highlight of my activities on Oahu. I love being outside in the sun and on the water and while I had SUPed before on a freshwater delta, the ocean was new. Vanya gave great instruction on how to stand on the board and the different strokes and we got the chance to practice in calm water first. Then we did a downwind run and it was a pretty windy day, so we made good time. Vanya was really fun to chat with as well. She also made cookies to snack on at the end of the run - and they were delicious!!

This is a small company, so you might need to talk or email with Vanya a couple times to sort out the logistics for your paddle, especially if you do a one-way trip/downwind run. She's really easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I booked our paddleboard lessons online for our trip to Honolulu and I was a little nervous because a) we had never paddleboarded before and b) we really didn't know what to expect, but Vanya was such a treat and we wound up having the time of our lives on the water! Vanya was super professional and answered all my (many) email questions promptly and politely. On the day of, she was early to meet us and incredibly thorough on what to do once we were in the ocean. As an instructor, she made us feel comfortable and safe, and she was an incredibly friendly and fun person to paddle next to. She also took amazing pictures of my husband and I on her waterproof phone and board-attached Go Pro camera (and sent them to us the next day!). The photos are going to be treasured for years to come. After we were done paddling and drying off, Vanya treated us to homemade cookies, ice cold water, and delicious apple bananas - yum! We simply cannot recommend Three Friends SUP Adventures any higher!

Golden, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Forget the others--call Vanya!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Vanya gives simple instructions and has the patience of a sage. It was just me solo, and I had a lovely time paddling along and chatting even though we'd just met. She's also quite open about assessing the weather/where you should go/Plan B in case the weather isn't as expected. As a bonus, she also brings fresh baked cookies (her trademark), and takes pics with her camera as well as the GoPro on the end of the board. So, if you're looking for value: pictures, instruction and snacks...how can you go wrong?

From a logistics point of view, Vanya is great--I contacted her due to the great reviews here on Trip Advisor, and wasn't disappointed! She is very prompt in setting up a lesson, and flexible on days and times.

I will definitely call Vanya next time I"m back in town!

Salt Lake City
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Such a fun lesson! Great time.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I found V here on TripAdvisor and it was an awesome experience. V selected the Hawaii Kai location for my adventure, which was perfect. The access to the location was easy to find and parking was easy (as a bonus, Costco is nearby for a snack after my lesson). The water in the bay was super smooth and easy to navigate for a newbie. V was very clear in the instructions before we got into the water, so I felt confident that I would be able to be manuever the nearly 12 foot paddle board. We had a great time, even on a rainy day. V provided a camera attached to the board and she also took plenty of photos, so I didn't have to worry about documenting my adventure. It was a fun morning and I'm looking forward to trying SUP here at home when the weather gets warm! Highly recommend!

Visited February 2014