I booked my trip on expedia hotel and flight package and I didn't know the junior suite I booked was part of shell vacations timeshare. Don't get me wrong, the price was reasonable per person so it's understandable that we get what we paid for.
Please note: ilikai hotel is seperate from condos/timeshare unit rentals. You have to go to the 2nd floor for all issues or concern if it's condos/rentals related.
Pros: close to the beach, city view was beautiful and not as loud as some reviews said it was, walking distance to shops and restaurants, sarentos dining in the hotel located at the very top has a breathtaking view of Waikiki, ilikai bar and grill has great food and there are Hawaiian entertainers in the quad by ilikai bar n grill, and shell vacations staff were very nice and helpful.
Cons: construction during the day so don't plan to sleep in (hotel is currently undergoing renovation), 17th floor has no ice machine (you'd have to go to the 3rd floor and there's cockroaches crawling on the machine, washer/dryer located here but be careful your quarters can be devoured by the electronic machine and it doesn't count towards what they charge, which is $2.50 and it's an inconvenience to attempt to get your $$$ back. The a/c in our room didn't work as we'd like it to. You have to keep resetting the room key in the magnum by the door which is an inconvenience because while we're sleeping the room gets HOT! This was brought to the shell vacations attention, but of course nothing was done and our room keys didn't work after a few days, but that's another annoying issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you'll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft City View studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Fronting the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort At The Ilikai Hawaii/Honolulu