“Tasty shaved iced for a reasonable price”
Review of Ailana Shave Ice & Cafe - CLOSED

Ailana Shave Ice & Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Description: Ailana Shave Ice & Cafe serves American breakfast from early morning (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM) and shaved ice until late afternoon (10:00 AM - 5:30 PM). Breakfast includes pancakes, waffles, French toast, omelette, and chicken rice omelet. The menu also includes acai bowl and green tea waffle which are offered all day. Healthy, tasty, and beautifully prepared. Shaved ice is heavenly with many of the syrups made in house from real fruits. Everything served at Ailana Shaved Ice & Cafe is unique and delicious.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place is hidden. If you're walking down Kona street, walk past Nordstrom and as soon as you pass the Rammen shop, turn right and it's the second store in a little strip mall. The portions are a nice size, the price is fair and it's tasty. How many times can you support a small business these days? I recommend you find Aliana's for a shaved ice treat when you're shopping in the area.

3  Thank Voodew

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for our first ever shave ice. The store was cute and also offered food and ice cream. The owners were the cutest couple, and they were super sweet to us. The shave ice was delicious, and I hear their ice cream is as well. Would come back for sure, just remember to bring cash (no cards). They are located in a small plaza right next to Nordstrom at the mall by the parking garage, parking available in their small lot.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

So glad we made the extra effort to find this little hideaway. Such friendly service and delicious shave ice. Homemade syrups make for a refreshing change from the run of the mill shave ice you get around the island. Great way to end our vacation.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My friend who grew up on the island told us that we had to go to find Ailana and we did- I'm just sorry not sooner! Their shaved ice is out of this world. They have a large selection of homemade syrups from real fruit. Between my two kids and me, and over several trips back, we tried the strawberry milk, guava, mango, and green tea. They are intense with flavor, fresh, and not overly sweet- perfect, really!

Their perfection is obvious by the clientele in the shop, all locals. I'm sure they know the difference between good and great shaved ice and they are all at Ailana. Their shop is a total whole in the wall. It's in an old run down strip mall behind the Ala Moana Mall. Just walk through the mall, past Nordstroms, cross the street and make a left. Walk a little and you'll see their sign on the right, just after a nail salon (I think)...I'm craving their shaved ice just writing this!

2  Thank Wtravelinfam
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Smooth, snowy (NOT icy), rich and creamy! The best shave ice in Honolulu so far! We tried the three tropical flavor one with ice cream in the middle. Very, very good. We'll go back...frequent buyer card available, too. Four of us shared a large one; plenty for a refreshing taste.