“Lucky find!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Lucky find!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stumbled upon this place while wandering around for a good place to eat just as they were opening. Glad I got there when I did, by the time I sat down the lines were coming in and it was getting packed. The food was so good! And cheap! Pretty neat watching the chefs making the noodles while you wait in line. Would definitely come here again, I've actually been craving it since I left Hawaii.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Worst restruant”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I went there a week ago and i came for the undo and shrimp. I sat down to wait for my friend. Then this old lady who works there said Hey you stand in line this isnt a free place to stay and she looked at me like im poor. If she told me excuse im sorry but can u stay in line its our restruant policy. If she told me that i wouldnt say anything and just wait for my friend outside. I just left and NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN U LOST UR CUSTOMER !!!!

• Visited October 2013
windsor ontario
“Nice Find in Waikiki !”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very popular. line ups but it moves at a decent pace. Reasonably priced Udon with tempura. seats clear constantly and staff are friendly.
Recommend for a lunch/dinner.
Water is available free.

• Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious, low-cost and informal”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have never been to Japan, so I have no clue, if this is a common cafetaria-style Japanese restaurant, but the employees guided us through the different choices. You basically have to decide what type of noodles and sauce and then you can add different tempura-fried items. You can actually see they make and cook the noodles fresh and they tasted delicious.
We stayed in a hotel nearby and there were often lines in front of the restaurant. We ate there one day around 5PM and did not have to wait too long, but lines were formed very fast after we got ourselves seated with our food. The only disadvantage is that you feel you have to rush, because of all the people waiting. I wonder if they do take-away? I cannot remember they offered it, but it could be a good option?
The restaurant offers cheap food, especially as Honolulu is quite expensive. Most of the tables are for two persons, but our party of three was lucky to get one of the very few larger tables.
Another a very nice thing about this restaurant was the fact that all the employees looked happy and seemed to enjoy their work, even though the work pressure was high with all the people waiting in line.

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“oodles of noodles”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This place has been packed since day 1 with incredibly long lines. They make the noodles right there. The 1 day that we had serious rain here and were passing by there was not 1 person in line-so we popped in. They have 2 different types of noodles which you can get hot or cold. and then there are lots of tempura selections to complete the meal. There is a huge staff and they all seem to be having fun, happy employees make happy customers.Only thing I did not like was the cold green tea-yuck. I much prefer it hot and just a bit, not 12 ozs. all in all I would go back in a heartbeat,but only if the line is small-I'm not a patient gal.

Visited September 2013