“My stay at this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“My stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

It's one of a kind to be with during our long time planned vacation in this state and we were absolutely amazed in return of our expectations are well over it.The staffs are all helpful especially Kristina Hunt at the front desk she is well deserved to be in her post with all her smiles that gives us more relax to stay I guess that's what they call Aloha Spirit, where I can spread the word to all my friends and families that if ever they will be planning to visit Hawaii I would definitely recommend them Waikiki white sands hotel and I believe they will be smiling back home happily, I guaranty you that. Our experience of stay here is so much appreciated thanks to the managers of this property to hire good people to work for them.The pool is right there, jacuzzi and we can even set a party by the pool when some friends came by for a small get together drinking beers but we know our limits so it was really a good one. There's no restaurant inside but that's not a problem at all just take a short walk and we can find everything , so much to talk about, I can't ask for more, well be back again... Thank you so much

Room Tip: Just keep on searching online but If you guys are looking for something on the budget and right arou...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Su C
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Aloha Su C,
Thank you for your review! It's always wonderful to hear about our guests' experience. Mahalo for recommending us to all of your friends. We hope to host them, and you, in the very near future.
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Thank you all for making our stay at your hotel so very nice! The rooms are clean with a nice kitchenette with everything needed to cook. We had balcony with pool view where we looked into a nice garden with plants and palm trees :)
My Daughter and I are so glad we choose this hotel while our stay on Waikiki for 2 weeks. I would really recommend this hotel to all families and couples :-)
Also the staff are great, all of them and especially Cristina who I will meet again when I will be back in January :-)

Helle from Norway

Room Tip: Room with garden and pool view!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Helle M
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Aloha Helle M,
Thank you for the review! I am happy to see you pointed out our kitchenette rooms and named us a great place to stay for families. We are in the process of doing more landscaping, so there will only be more awesome plants for you to see when you return in January. See you soon!
Paul Dun, Hotel Manager
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This hotel was a great surprise. Because I didn't anticipate staying in the hotel room very long during my vacation (just to sleep and shower) I decided to opt for a lower cost hotel. I thought for the price something would be severely out of order or that service would be lacking. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a nice sized, quiet room with all the amenities other hotels provide. We were greeted by nice employees. Christieann and Cristina were so nice and so was their supervisor Paul. The room we had faced Nohonani street which wasn't a great view but we had a balcony and we enjoyed a few quiet mornings out there. The location is perfect too. Near great restaurants and the beach. When I come back, I will be staying here.

1 Thank CindyWindy_12
Aloha CindyWindy_12,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted that you were pleasantly surprised by our facilities and service and hope that you can come back again and again! (Maybe next time, we can get a '5' for cleanliness too!) Christieann, Cristina & I thank you for the compliment.
Mahalo Nui Loa,
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in Honolulu for a few days to visit friends before heading to one of the other islands for a week. Since we were only going to be on Oahu for three nights and didn't plan on spending much time at the hotel I didn't want to spend a lot. I've stayed in Honolulu many times, am very familiar with the area. I ended up choosing the White Sands because of the price, amenities and locations, mainly because it has a small kitchenette in the room. The first thing I noticed was the friendliness of the check-in staff, particularly Jason. The service was fast and efficient, and the friendliness was genuine, not forced or phony. Jason seemed to go out of his way to make us feel welcome. Pluses: the room was older but clean. the outdoor area is very nice, pool and hot tub well maintained. My wife enjoyed lounging by the pool with some wine while I went scuba diving. (Center Ring Diving, check them out!) They have free WiFi, which the more expensive hotels charge for. Another plus, the location is fantastic, just a few hundred yards away from the International Marketplace, and about a 5 minute walk to the beach at Waikiki.

Really just a couple of negatives: first, at least in our room, the AC was a small, old and tired window unit. We were there during a particularly warm week and the AC had a really tough time keeping up with it. Another downer: this is an older, lower priced hotel and it showed in the beds. They were on the hard side, it's time for new ones.

Note: They have their own parking lot, but it is small. Call to reserve a spot when you book a room. Otherwise, there is public parking nearby.

1 Thank frontman1955
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Aloha frontman1955,
Thank you for posting a wonderful review. Especially the great compliment to Jason...he will be very pleased! I am glad you recognized value in our property and though we are an older hotel, we are still clean. Please know that we are looking toward correcting the negatives you had in the near future, so that when you return, they will be positives!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel is located at 10 minutes (walking) from Waikiki beach. It is near the bus stop (Kuhio Ave/ Seaside Ave) to reach Honolulu downtown, and Diamond Head or other beaches like Sandy Beach or Hanauma Bay (Bus 22). The hotel should be renovated, but it is clean and the room I occupied was near the swimming pool (room 104a). There is also a Jacuzzi near the swimming pool. WiFi is free but it do not work fast in the room. You have to go outside near the convivial zone around the swimming pool. I used it from the room using a slower connection. Every days the towels were changed. Receptionists were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dilanste
Aloha dilanste,
Mahalo for taking the time to post your comments outlining most of the features we wish to stress - the hot tub and pool, our great location, clean rooms and our service. We are looking to improve our wifi service (which we do stress is available in the lobby/pool area only) and hope to see updates to our rooms in the future. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we await your return!
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Me and my mom decided to stay at the White Sands Hotel. This hotel was small but it was filled with helpful staff like Cristina Hunt. All of the staff here helped us through of where to go and they gave us directions. The White Sands Hotel is very convenient and it is very close to some places like Waikiki Beach, The International Market Place and more. Around the International Market Place you will see some exciting things at night. There will be performers, magicians and more! Me and my mom suggest you to stay at the White Sands Hotel because it is very convenient, and the staff here are very friendly and there's a swimming pool and jacuzzi here too!

Room Tip: I suggest you to pick a room that's near the front desk if you would like to have wi-fi service...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mikactsuchida
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Aloha mikactsuchida,
Mahalo for your review, which points out our 3 best features: the staff, the location and the pool! We are all very excited when people enjoy their stay enough to share their experience with friends. I will definately pass along the great compliment to Cristina. We hope to see you back at the pool soon!
Pago Pago, American Samoa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

convenient for Waikiki, luggage room very useful, Paul and other staff very helpful. Nice to be allowed to use pool after checking out while waiting for shuttle which was on time. Wifi was available on ground level only I think.

1 Thank david s
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Aloha david s,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to serving you in the near future!