White Sands Hotel
US$265
US$218
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$351/night.

Free cancellation until 27/05
US$517
US$252
US$222
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

US$406
US$355
US$503
US$437
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$502/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$292
US$240
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$354/night.

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
Free cancellation until 27/05
US$273
US$229
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$308/night.

Free cancellation until 30/05
US$364
US$332
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubbudget hotelwaikiki beachfront desk stafffood pantrythe international markettwo blocksacross the streetan older hotelcommon areashome away from homecoffee makerper dayrental carshops and restaurantskitchenettehawaii
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This Thanksgiving time visit was even better than in years past. The waterfall covers the city noises, and koi swim around two fountains. Often at night, after a busy day, I would sit by the waterfall and just enjoy the water, the fish, and the tropical greenery. Yes, my room is always clean and comfortable, but the folks who work there make the White Sands a special place. Not brand new and super modern, but warm and friendly. I always feel the hospitality of a long ago Hawaii and am never ready to leave. Ellen

Room Tip: Ground floor near the pool for easy access and nice scenery.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank E-SFO
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Aloha E-SFO Ellen,

Thank you for always choosing the White Sands for your hospitality needs. It was a pleasure having you as our valued guests. We are glad to see you take the time to write about your experiences with us on your vacation to Hawaii.

I am very happy to see that you complimented on our clean and comfortable room. You also mentioned that you enjoyed the waterfall, the fish and the greenery.

We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to accommodating you next year. I personally thank you again for choosing Aqua Hotels & Resorts for your hospitality needs.

Mahalo Nui Loa

Reviewed 18 November 2013

74.00 a night is not a bad price for one night. The room was also clean and the decor was just like a 5 star hotel. Also having a microwave and a fridgerator was convenient. I'd stay there again BUT next time I'm bringing some ear plugs! I didn't get a good night's sleep because some thugs across the street were yelling at each other and playing their boom boxes at 3 am!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's no where near Nohonani Street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank tanyujie
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Aloha tanyujie,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We greatly value your feedback.

I am so happy to hear that you liked our clean room, décor, fridge, and microwave. And I am glad you mentioned that you would stay with us again.

I do apologize about the street noise that it made you not getting a good night sleep. Thank you for your suggestions to resolve the problem.

We appreciate your time in sharing your comments, and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

White Sands Hotel

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Aloha , we stayed at this little gem from the 22nd to the 30th.The hotel is close to all the happening spots in Honolulu for a fraction of the price.

The staff are very helpful and always go an extar mile from Atte Rosalind who made sure our "house " was cleaned every day,Blake at reception,Sister Christianne and the rest of the staff at the hotel.
Before booking a trip with the tours ;ask at the desk ; most of the trip-tours that were charging 50-60 to see the island could be done by a 2.50$ bus journey.
Mahalo Mahalo for taking care of us. We had the best holiday ; felt just like we were at home, we are already planning the trip for next year, sofia and shemi esq

Room Tip: Pool view is the best, they evn have a Barbaque you could use
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sofia s
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Aloha sofia s,

Mahalo for posting your comments on your recent experience on Tripadvisor, we truly appreciate your time in sharing your comments which will help us to improve our customer services.

I am so happy to hear that you complimented Blake, Christieann and Rosalinda who made you feel like home. I will recognize and acknowledge their efforts in providing excellent services to our valued guests.

You also mentioned you had the best holiday and enjoyed the bus journey. I am very pleased to hear that you are planning the trip for next year. Please contact me and I will update you about the Hawaii activities and hotel.

Thank you for always choosing White Sands, your “home sweet home” for your hospitality needs.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel! If you are a high maintenance this place is not for you. There are no elevators in the hotel, If you are staying on the 2nd and 3rd floor you have to carry your luggage up the stairs yourself. We didnt mind.
This hotel is quite old but the price and location were wonderful. The furniture and the bedding was old but clean. The carpets in our room were clean. Our room was right above the front doors of the hotel so we heard everything from the bar next door and anyone on the street, but we did not mind we still got our sleep.If you were needing Wi-Fi to work well in your room, you will not find it. We love the back pool and the waterfall it was so relaxing. If your flight is booked for later then your checkout time they have a luggage room as well we had the pleasure of getting to use the towels and pool during this waiting period. The front desk also arranged for our shuttle to pick us up to get to the airport on time.The front desk staff Christeann and Jason were very kind and friendly. I will be using this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Francine O
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Aloha Francine O,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We at White Sands Hotel greatly value your feedback. Your comments are very important to us and will be used to improve our service.

The situation about the Wi-Fi, you are right, you can access in the lobby and pool area. We can also install a modem in the guestroom. Currently, we are in the process of upgrading our internet access.

I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and you enjoyed our pool area, waterfall, luggage room. I am also very pleased to hear that you complimented Jason and Christieann who were very kind and friendly to you. I will acknowledge and recognize their efforts in providing exceptional services to our Valued guest.

You mentioned that you would use us again in the future. On behalf of the White Sands team, we look forward to serving you on your next Hawaiian vacation. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have to say this hotel had mixed reviews, so I was a bit apprehensive. However my experience was wonderful. I loved my room #202, as soon as I opened my balcony , they waterfalls were right in front of me, and the sound was so relaxing.

I had a nice little kitchen, which was supplied with all the utensils( steak knife, butter knife, forks, spoons, wine opener, can opener). All sizes of plates including cereal plate, and tea cups. Two different size pans, and frying pan, where you can make omelets or anything else you need to fry.

All the workers there were friendly and helpful.

The only thing is in my bathroom there was a steep elevation to get to the shower, I really mean very steep. It was not a problem for me but might have been a problem for an elderly or obese person. There was hand railing to hold on to help you up. The only thing I would like to suggest, is that you add a sign "Please hold on to the railing when going up and coming down the shower." Just so no one forgets, otherwise its very easy to fall especially when you are wet after the shower. Another thing is I highly recommend a "do not disturb sign" for the door, most hotels have this sign and it is a big help when you don't want a maid knocking on your door when you are resting.

But I immensely enjoyed my stay at the White Sands, the location is perfect, the hotel atmosphere is cozy and friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ellina5
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Aloha Ellina5,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at the White Sands Hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed the room #202, the waterfall, and our perfect location, and you had an excellent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you complimented on our friendly and helpful team members, I will recognize and acknowledge their efforts in providing great services to our valued guests.

Your concern regarding the bathroom has been brought to the management team’s attention, and thank you for your suggestions.

Situation about the “Do Not Disturb” sign, we do have it for each room. I am sorry we did not have one for you during your stay.

Your comments are very important to us and will be used to improve our service. If you plan your next trip to Hawaii, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for choosing White Sands Hotel for your hospitality needs.