“I still think about it months later”
Review of Salt Kitchen & Tasting Bar - CLOSED

Salt Kitchen & Tasting Bar
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Ave.
Bellflower, CA
“I still think about it months later”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I simply had a wonderful experience here. We set a reservation for 4 at ~6pm on a Wednesday. The service was fantastic. I ate rabbit for the first time in my life here, "chicken fried rabbit." It was one of the only dishes I've ever eaten where the *fancy* garnishes actually worked together wonderfully (as opposed to garnishes that have nothing to do with the dish). I also enjoyed their oxtail empanadas. Their burgers though - WOW! The sauces were homemade, if I remember correctly, and it took two hands and a whole lot of napkins to handle that moist, yummy burger. I recommend making a reservation before coming here for dinner.

• Visited July 2013

Bangkok, Thailand
“great cocktails, tasty food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Seating was a bit disorganized but we didn't mind, as the cocktails downstairs were excellent and the barmaid was very friendly and fun to watch prepare her intricate concoctions. Upstairs the service was also good and the food was very tasty-- I recommend the scotch egg as well as the burger. As with Town this is a bit of a schlep from Waikiki for tourists, as well as an expensive cab ride, but well worth it!

• Visited April 2014
Carrollton, Texas
“Bland food”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Food was very bland and overlooked hamburger. Restaurant was vice atmosphere. Service was pretty good. We had Ben told that the food was really good but were completely disappointed

Visited March 2014
Rochester, NY
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After all the hype, news articles, etc. my wife and I were really wanting to like this place. The menu sounded interesting, the reviews were overwhelmingly favorable. But we were really disappointed.
We arrived during happy hour so we looked forward to trying their advertised "draft selection"' unfortunately we were told there were no draft beers available. Although we arrived at 5:45 we were told two of the appetizers were not available. No problem, we went on to choose the oxtail empanadas, brown butter gnocchi and BBQ brisket. The good things were the server, Sarah, who was pleasant, helpful and attentive, the BBQ brisket was fabulous, really delicious. The bad, the empanadas tasted good but the pastry was tough, as if it had been overworked. The chutney with the empanadas was good but there wasn't much of it. The gnocchi was on the bland side and I'm convinced we're store bought. If they were house made, they were the densest house made gnocchi I've ever had.
We finished with the bread pudding desert, it was good but not exceptional.
For a place we wanted to like I was surprised to go away disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
San Francisco, California
“Fun and Delicious”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Worth seeking out in non-touristy neighborhood. Great vibe and friendly staff. Like the Mission in SF but with a tropical flair. Grilled tako (octopus) starter was stunning. Main course of braised beef cheeks hit the spot. Good cocktails and decent wine list.

• Visited December 2013