“Hilton Grand Vacations Club Waikiki”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Wonderful beautiful top notch place. Close to everything, restaurants, shopping, attractions. On site beach, play bay, and pools. Staff very friendly! Fireworks are beautiful. Just DO NOT do the Luau. You will be disappointed, in the food especially!!

2  Thank Larry Glen G

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Grand Waikikian is a very nice and fun place to stay with family. The property is well kept as are the spacious rooms. The pool and beach provide lots of activities for the whole family. There are a variety of places to eat on property and nearby. All this makes for a great place for the family to get away.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The rest of the poor/terrible reviews are pretty accurate. The Lagoon tower is in desperate need of an overhaul. If you aren't on the side facing the Rainbow Tower, then don't bother. I found the service to be okay, prices higher than on Waikiki's main hotel strip and generally was unimpressed. The only positive was the beach. It is much wider than other areas and never felt crowded. We felt the hotel was a little isolated, and the food options immediately surrounding it are few. Prepare to walk, or to take $$ cabs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AEMcJ
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent visit to Hawaii. Thank you also for taking the time to write to us of your experiences and impressions while here. The Lagoon Tower is slated for a renovation in 2015 and we are all looking forward to and excited about it! Most recently the kitchens were all upgraded with new appliances and cabinets and many of our owners and guests have given us some really good feedback. We were disappointed to see that our Team Members’ service was only “okay” because our Hilton Standard is to provide excellent service. We are constantly training our Team Members to be on their toes with their eyes open to immediately provide whatever and whenever any guest wants or asks for or about something. In terms of the view category, as you mentioned, the Rainbow Tower view is often the more preferred view category of many of our guests, and if there is a request we always try to honor the request. We are pleased that you took advantage of our beautiful views from “our” section of Waikiki Beach which is on the far Western edge of Waikiki Beach, locating us on the edge of Waikiki as opposed to the center which is more crowded with a corresponding concentration of restaurants. We do have quite a few on property, and there must be close to 40 or 50 restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

John R. Reagan
Resort Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

resort is nice and comfortable. Drink and food price is very high and bar wait service is extremely slow (15 to 20 minutes) to the point where I typically had to go to bar to order drinks. Plenty of non resort locations where this is not an issue.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J. Darren K
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Hilton Hawaiian Village is a great getaway for a couple or family! There are lots of things to do in Oahu and many great restaurants to try! I would recommend having a car, though many restaurants and lovely beaches are in walking distance. I love going out to the Kailua beaches, hiking Diamond Head, and checking out the activity and surfing in the North Shore. I love Alan Wong's for a nice (and $$$$) dinner, along with Roy's in Hawaii (much better than the mainland version), and fabulous sushi! I'm ready to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Wonderful resort, but pools and hot tubs can not accommodate number of guests. pools were too cool and hot tubs not hot enough. Too many underage children in hot tubs. Our room had a beautiful view and staff were very friendly.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family has come to this resort for the past four years, but we will never come again. It appears to be under new management and it is absolutely falling apart. They seem to be trying to make a buck by holding it out as a conference/party center while still treating it as a family resort. As any fool knows, those two things cannot go together. There were, literally, three parties in one week hosted right on the lawn, that lasted until ten pm, followed by loud clanking clean-up until the wee hours. Then various, incessant construction projects would begin at 8 am. Try that with your jet lagged children! Sound relaxing? Maintenance issues are atrocious: There are broken slides, gates and chairs at the pools, the grass on the lawn has been destroyed and patched in spots, the lagoon was half drained most of the time we were there, and even many of the plants and flowers are gone (as are the macaws and most penguins). Much of this is due to the new overcrowding, I assume, including the fact that sunbathing conference nerds now race down to put towels and magazines on chaise lounges at 8 am to save them for the day. They may not show up for hours, but they've saved all the seats for later. No class. Furthermore, every door latch in our rooms was broken, as were some appliances. Service has gone downhill just as badly. Before arriving I called the concierge to ask for help with future dinner reservations - she offered to look on Open Table for me, but said I could just do it myself as well. Concierges at better resorts have bookings. We arrived at nearly 1 am to find one man at the check-in counter for the entire vacations resort, with no bellmen and no valets. We took our own bags up rather than waiting... and after waiting twenty minutes for a valet to show up I finally told him I was going to my room. He told me I could not leave, I had to be there to take my half of the ticket or they'd have a hard time finding my car in the morning, and asked me to keep waiting for a valet for who knows how long. I offered him plenty of solutions - put the ticket stub in an envelope with my name and room number, have it sent to my room when the valet finally arrives, leave it with the resort manager or concierge - I didn't care. It's just a ticket. He kept saying no, so I left anyway. Lo and behold they had my ticket in the morning, no sweat. I was the wrong tier room and was told there was nothing they could do to fix it. They attempted to charge me parking for days we weren't even there, etc. It's hard to imagine how this could be less relaxing. Honestly, just stay away...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Amy K
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests as it not only lets us know what we are doing well, but more importantly where we can improve in those areas where it will increase guest satisfaction and meet or exceed guest expectations. We are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied and that the resort did not meet your expectations. In your correspondence you mention many specific items. During the time that you stayed there was a large group staying in house and there were events conducted as part of their stay. While the resort is considered a family-oriented resort, it also derives some of its business from large groups and conventions as well. We apologize that the noise from the events disturbed you. I know our Events and Catering department try their best to keep noise to a minimum. This resort is the largest resort in the Hilton portfolio so there may be construction projects going on from time to time. Especially during the next year or two so it is always best to contact the resort before coming to get an update. Our maintenance department is aware of some of the areas (pool slide, pool gate, grass, etc.) you note. In regard to the lagoon occasionally it has to be drained for maintenance purposes in order to keep it in good condition. We are sorry to hear you had some room maintenance issues and service issues with a couple of our departments (concierge and front desk). Hopefully the maintenance issues were taken care of during your stay. We have forwarded the service issues to the appropriate departments for their review and follow up. Lastly, in regard to guests trying to save chairs at the pool areas, our Security department is currently reviewing the issue and working on methods to address and improve the issue. Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback.

Steve Stoyanow