Our party of six (four adults and two small children) just returned from a one-week stay at the Waikiki Beach Tower. I reserved a two-bedroom, two-bathroom premium oceanfront suite, which guaranteed us between the 25th and 36th floors. When I mentioned to the front desk staff that this trip was a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday they went all out to accomodate all of my special requests, and even gave us the 40th floor penthouse suite for no extra charge! The bottle of champagne and Godiva chocolates in the room was also a nice treat.
The service at this hotel is absolutely top notch. I have never stayed anywhere that provided such prompt and courteous service. Any request to housekeeping or the bell desk is swiftly and efficiently met. The knowledge and friendly service provided by the front desk and bell staff regarding sight-seeing, dining and transportation is comprehensive and excellent.
The view is stellar! If you want complete, unobstructed views of both Diamond Head and the hotels along Waikiki beach (which look amazing lit up at night) ask for an 03 or 04 series room (the two rooms that protrude farther out at the front of the hotel) and a floor above the 22nd. From the 22nd to the 25th floors you may hear noise from the roof-top air-conditioning units of the adjacent buildings, so if you think that will bother you then ask for a higher floor. You are guaranteed at least some view in virtually every room in the hotel, but if you want the best of the best, ask for 03 or 04 series above the 25th floor. You will pay extra above the 25th floor, but at least you will be guaranteed an unobstructed view. If you are the gambling kind, you could pay less and reserve a deluxe oceanfront room (floors 5 to 24) and hope to get upgraded to a higher floor at check-in.
Excellent location directly across from Waikiki beach with lagoon area for safe swimming for children. More active surf for adults and teens directly adjacent to lagoon area. Bell desk provides you with straw mats, beach towels and folding canvas chairs, which can all be returned on your way back to the room so that wet, sandy stuff does not have to be carried into your suite. Public washrooms are a bit farther down the beach, by the police station (or just pop back into the hotel and up the 4th floor locker rooms by the pool).
Rooms are incredibly spacious. The decor is not luxurious, but everthing is very clean and functional. Kitchen is adequately stocked with cooking/eating utensils for six people. If you are a gourmet chef you may want to bring a few of your favorite tools along, as what is provided is fairly basic. Fridge has ice and water in door. Full-size stove and oven, rice cooker, blender, microwave and coffee pot (with coffee, sugar and coffee whitener provided - which is replenished each day). Salt and pepper are provided.
Washer and dryer in ensuite is very handy. Small capacity stacking unit though, so if you think you will be doing a lot of laundry, you may want to bring some detergent from home, as housekeeping provides one single load box each day (although you can call down for more at any time, and they will bring it up). Dryer sheets are not provided so throw a few from home in a Ziploc bag!
If you luck out and get a suite that has the "Washlet" installed on the toilet in the ensuite, make sure you try it! You will fall in love with the heated toilet seat!
The mattresses are very firm, so if you are used to a cushy pillow-top (as I am) you will wake up stiff in the morning. The pull-out couch bed in the living room is very uncomfortable - but that is the norm with these, in my experience. The linens and pillows are very nice.
If you are stocking up on groceries there is a Food Pantry on Kuhio St. (3 blocks north and about four blocks west of the hotel) but it is quite expensive. Decent selection, but as with everything in Waikiki, prepare to pay. A cheaper alternative is to head to the Safeway a short drive or taxi-ride away. Bell desk will give you instructions. Not really within walking distance, but the taxi fare would be worth the savings on the groceries and it is a lovely store.
VIP Car Rental agency is very nearby. Price is half of Enterprise or Budget, but the owners are a little sketchy and the vehicles are far from deluxe or well-maintained. We had no problems with the vehicle we rented and appreciated the savings when everything else in Waikiki costs and arm and a leg. Parking at the hotel is free, which is very rare in Waikiki from what I hear. Valet service is speedy and efficient.
All in all, staying here is a fantastic experience. Can you get way cheaper hotel rooms in Waikiki? Absolutely! At $475/night our room was very comfortable for 4 adults and 2 children. I'm sure that we could have rented two basic rooms at another hotel for much less. But would we have had the spectacular view, top-notch service and spacious suite, with a full kitchen and washer/dryer in the room? Probably not. It's a lot of money - but you get what you pay for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. All units feature a full kitchen, balcony, and view of the Pacific Ocean. The hotel provides valet parking and WiFi throughout the property. Aston Waikiki Beach Tower features an outdoor pool with a separate children's pool area, a jet spa, BBQ grills, fitness center, and billiards. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu