“Good times: Light Tackle Fishing”
Review of Keawe Adventures

Keawe Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a variety of private tour services on Oahu, Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island, including Island Tours, Fishing, Pearl Harbor, Surfing, Historic Tours, Hiking, and much more! Whether you want to fly fish or simply hire a guide for the day, you will find our services to be in-tune with native culture and history. Keawe Adventures is a Hawaiian and veteran owned business created in 2008, and all of our guides are local experts with a wealth of knowledge about their island home. We provide our guests with unique experiences in a private setting. You tell us what you want to see and do, and we will make it happen! No matter what tour you choose, we look forward to sharing our island's beauty, history, and culture with you.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I had a great time light tackle fishing with Makani. He was very accommodating and able to get a few hours of fishing on short notice. We fished along the beach in Zone 1 just east of Diamond Head Crater and caught a few small ones. His love, knowledge & enjoyment of fishing made for a great fishing outing. I look forward to fishing with him again in the future.

Kamakanimaui, Owner at Keawe Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

I find a true peace when I'm fishing. You never know what you are going to see or catch.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The mountains area was beautiful and lush! Makani really made it fun with his character and way of storytelling about the area. But most interesting was the story of the battle - we walked the same line as some of Kamehameha's armies...and the hike was refreshing. It was a secret like path, heavily covered in bamboo and florals...real Hawaii. Makani was very attentive and sure to adjust his pace to your abilities. He had a lot of knowledge about the history of the islands which was unique in comparison to other guides I've had...definitely a great morning:)

Kamakanimaui, Owner at Keawe Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you! Makani

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I spent three days w/ Keawe Adventures and Makani. We both took SUP lessons, went fly fishing and had an amazing snorkling trip to Hanauma Bay. Each of the experiences were exceptional. While we did not catch any bonefish I did pick up some fishing tips and got some quality casting lessons. Since our trip to Hawaii we have bought our own SUP baords and use the lessons taught to us by Makani. The sun rise trip to Hanauma Bay was awesome. We talk about it and show off our photos still. Makani and Keawe Adventures was outsdtanding!

Thank you Very much....Makani

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Booked a half day flyfishing tour for my son and myself. Was promptly picked up by Makani Christenson at the designated time. Makani is very personable and talked about various historical points of interest along the drive. This led to very interesting discussion about the history of Hawaii, so much so that I later went out and bought a book to read more. At a beach park, Makani introduced us to flyfishing and discussed the equipment and had us practice casting on land. We then waded along a shallow, reef practicing what we learned. Makani spotted many Hawaiian bonefish, but my untrained eye was unable to spot them. Unfortunately, we did not catch any, but I guess that is why it is called "fishing!" We finished with a picnic lunch at the beach park. Makani had taken several pictures along the way and emailed them to me. Overall, a fun, leisurely introduction to flyfishing which we will definitely do again.

Thank you so much for the review. Makani

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We went to Wakiki in feb. We had a wonderfull time with Makani and his friend. ! It was my first time snorkeling, I was unable to keep my mouthpiece. It was really hard for me and Makani took the time to help me . He taught to me how to stay calm and breathe almost normaly ! A short time of for me was enough and he didn't push me to do something it could have been too difficult. I
Before we went to that beautifull bay I forgot the name, Makani talked about the story his island. We learned so much. Since then, I cannot .about Hawaii the same way. My husband and I want to go back and do some hicking with Makani.
If you meet him, you will love Hawaii!!

Kamakanimaui, Owner at Keawe Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you so much for the great review. Every experience in Hawaii is unique. Mahalo nui loa...