“Don't stay at Stay Waikiki”
Review of Stay Hotel Waikiki

Stay Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #68 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is pretty run down, dirty, and small. It is located in the back alley between 2 apartment. In the early morning, you woke up to delivery trucks and tour buses. At night, the tenant at both apartment are loud. But the front desk people are awesome and very, very friendly. Its alright if you like the location. You cross 1 block and you are at Waikiki beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sani1608

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here in early April in a room on the sixth floor. Little room, cute decor mostly Ikea furniture. Photos on their website was not the room that I stayed in. The second night I came back from a night out to find three cockroaches running around the floors and walls of my room. I informed the front desk the next morning, they said they would take care of it. Came back the next night only to find more cockroaches running around the walls of my room. I understand it is an older property, and having worked in hotel management myself before, I again kindly told the front desk to please investigate the problem. The clerk was very friendly and apologized for the problem. At the continental breakfast served downstairs I heard some other guests talking about finding bugs in their room as well. I then was offered to move to a room one floor up, to which they were painting the walkways and the smell was so strong I couldn't stand it. It was my last night and didn't want the hassle of finding a new hotel for one night, so I completed my stay. On checkout I informed the front desk of the bug problem, they waived the amenities fee which was appreciated, but they really need to get their bug problem under control.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ocnat2
Reviewed 7 May 2014

When push came to shove, I wondered if I should be paying an extra $200 a night just to be located directly on the beach...but in the end, I decided I could walk a block to the beach, and stayed at Stay. It's FANTASTIC for the price--another couple shared the two bedroom suite with my boyfriend and me, and we found a GREAT prepaid deal that made it even cheaper.

The location is great, the staff was super cool, and we even enjoyed the bar--their prices were reasonable as well. It was a block from the beach so we loved that. Loved even more that each couple had their own bathroom--we don't expect that!

To me this place was hostel prices, but hotel living; the only possible exception being the floors are not carpeted, but with all the sand you're tracking in it's frankly better that way. Definitely loved this place for the price. Go go go and check out the Promo section of their website!

Room Tip: Go for the two-bedroom suite, it's cheaper to share!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Not bad location for price and relatively easy to find. Excellent staff and great customer service. Close to shops and the beach. and easy to get to convention center with minimal traffic problems. Great for convention stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James I
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great budget hotel. Good location: minutes from the beach and the Main Street , clean: made up our room for us while we were out, friendly staff: helped us with any question we had. Don't expect large rooms, but ours did have a cute balcony with a decent view.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Besides the various bugs staying with you in your room and the really old fashioned rooms,it's in a great centralized location if you plan to spend most of your time in waikiki because everything is pretty much walking distance. This place is for solo travelers who doesn't mind sharing their room with little cockroaches of all kinds. Because I was traveling alone I decided to find the cheapest rate that includes wi-fi. This place had wi-fi in the rooms, (which did not work and took very long to even try to connect on my 4g LTE note 2 smartphone),and was the cheapest rate at around $100/nt. I had a queen bed that seemed more like a full size and about a ft of space on both sides of the bed to walk around, the bottom had around 2ft. I really liked that I could walk around to eat or shop in the area and it's a block away from waikiki beach. So,if you can handle little critters then this place is great to save money and just get some sleep. It isn't on the main strip so watch your back at night ladies if you walk alone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wailuku77
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Its a perfect hotel with good location, good pricing, friend staffs and delicious breakfast, $10 per day is a perfect pricing that you can get any convinience for swimmings form Stay. Thank you and I will recommond it to friend as well as book it once I come back, Thanks.

Maya