I spent a week at the Stay Hotel during a large convention. I spent a lot less than anyone else on my accommodation ($105 pn, plus the obligatory $10 amenity fee) and seemed a lot happier than most others! If you want cheap, cheerful and clean accommodation with super friendly staff, just one block from Waikiki Beach, then this is your place. If you're on a honeymoon, it's probably not the right choice (what do you expect for $105 in this location?!)
My room had AC, a comfortable bunk bed, spartan but functional furnishings, large flat-screen TVs, shower, tiled floor, and wifi, the latter covered by the amenity fee along with breakfast. (The advertised Waikiki-wide internet didn't materialise but was not a major issue.) The internet was at a reasonable speed (I've experienced much slower in some Hiltons). Cockroaches are an issue, but across the whole of Waikiki - everyone at the convention was complaining about them, even in hotel rooms at more than double the price. I gather that the hotel is installing new windows that may help to an extent.
The breakfast is basic but better than some reviews on here would have you believe. The coffee was actually pretty good. The hotel profiles free towels and beach accessories as you need them. The noise from adjacent hotels/service vehicles was not a problem at all, again contrary to what I had read in other reviews.
Overall, it's a budget hotel and great value, and a 5 on that basis. If you want luxury, then be prepared to pay $300+ pn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki Beach, Stay Hotel Waikiki is within a block of the ocean and the newly renovated International Market Place. Also nearby are shopping on Kalakaua Avenue, the Honolulu Zoo and Diamond Head. We offer a 24-hour business center with free use of our business center computers. In addition, Stay Hotel Waikiki provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Some rooms include balconies with views. All guestrooms feature flat-panel televisions with cable channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stay Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Stay Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu