Don't be put off by the naysayers. Stay is great and really good value for money.
Stayed at Stay Waikiki as a couple for three nights at the end of June. Was a tad apprehensive before we arrived as I'd read the mixed reviews. However I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 706 which is a a queen standard room.
Our flight landed very early in the morning and we went to the hotel to drop our bags, already aware that we were way too early to check in. We returned about midday expecting to just hang out I the lounge area till 4pm but we're told our room was ready. I must mention Jasmine who works on the front desk, as she was incredibly helpful and friendly throughout our stay.
Room itself was simple (this clearly isn't the Ritz) but had everything it needed. We had a balcony with partial sea views. Bed was comfortable, bathroom a good size with a full size bath. All of it was clean on arrival and the daily maid service was great. Flat screen TV, iPod Dock and excellent air con, which I didn't find particularly noisy despite other reviewers saying so.
I had no trouble sleeping there at all due to noise, but should mention that the Sway Restaurant/bar was closed for renovation whilst we were there, so this may contribute to night time noise at other times.
The location of Stay is amazing. Just a hop skip and a jump to Waikiki beach front.
The breakfast was average and that's the best I can say about it. Not bad but not good.
The free wifi and media centre were really great, and we had no problems connecting to the wifi even up on the 7th floor
All in all it's great value for the money you pay. If you want luxury then go to the Royal Hawaiian and stay there. And look at you room. A lot. Because you probably won't have the money to do anything else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki Beach, Stay Hotel Waikiki is within a block of the ocean and the newly renovated International Market Place. Also nearby are shopping on Kalakaua Avenue, the Honolulu Zoo and Diamond Head. We offer a 24-hour business center with free use of our business center computers. In addition, Stay Hotel Waikiki provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Some rooms include balconies with views. All guestrooms feature flat-panel televisions with cable channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stay Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Stay Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu