We stayed here for one night and was disappointed. First, we arrived a little early, about 140 and check in was not till 4. Our room wasn't ready and it would be a bit till it was. We were attending a wedding and needed to freshen up a bit before. I asked to be called when my room was ready and I would come over and get situated. THE CALL NEVER CAME. Service, zero points. We had to get ready in another hotel.
The location was good, one block from the beach, no ocean view though. While the street the hotel is on is close to mainstream Waikiki, it did seem to be in a seedier area with a hostel next door and those hanger around types just hanging around.
We finally came back close to 11 at night and found there would be an additional 11 per night as a "RESORT FEE". Now, I use the term RESORT in its loosest sense. This was to pay for the "breakfast" which was served in the lobby area from 7 til 930 am. Thawed pastries, toast, cold cereal and yogurt. Eat to your heart's content.
The lobby looked as though they tried to polish a turd. But, it's still a TURD.
There was a single elevator and we waited for a long while for it to come. I think someone pressed all of the buttons and got off. That's the kind of element we found to be staying here.
The room was "polished" as well. Initially we thought there wasn't a shower in the room. We eventually found it when we closed the bathroom door. The water pressure was great though. The bed was platform style and the room air conditioner was running when we entered which took away from the crazy heat and humidity of the exposed corridors.
I hope people are listening to the reviews that are on here. I am usually optimistic and take the good ones into consideration, but in this case I should have read the negative ones as well. This place is NOT 3 STARS. THIS HOTEL IS A 1 STAR LOCATION DISGUISED AS A 3 STAR. The restaurant is under renovation, the service is substandard and the accommodations are basically a dump.
Here's the scoop: if you want a place to sleep, don't care about service or amenities, and don't plan on being in the room at all, this place would be enough. But, if you want comfort and service, do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki Beach, Stay Hotel Waikiki is within a block of the ocean and the International Market Place. Also nearby are shopping on Kalakaua Avenue, the Honolulu Zoo and Diamond Head. We offer a 24-hour business center with free use of our business center computers. In addition, Stay Hotel Waikiki provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Some rooms include balconies with views. All guestrooms feature flat-panel televisions with cable channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stay Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stay Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Stay Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu