“Our pictures are better now.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beautiful Hawaii Photo Tour
Ranked #2 of 307 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! Book 2 or more tours directly with us and save 15%. Use discount code "OPTTA" when booking one tour on our website. O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Our pictures are better now.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

It is amazing how now after the Oahu Photography Tour, my pictures look so much different and BETTER.

I was going about randomly shooting until the sunrise tour with Chris. Now, no more random shots. I am actually putting thought in my picture taking... Granted I have a point and shoot camera, and I proudly show off my shots. People with fancy DSLR cameras can't believe I shot with a point and shoot.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dvs9721

• Korean first
Selden, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Finding Light in the Darkness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked a moon tour, however the evening was cloudy and we had a hard time getting shots of the moon. Our tour guide Chris was great, you could tell he had a love of nature and cameras. There were 5 of us and he took ample time with each of us, showing us how to set the camera to get the most light in for the shots even thought it was dark already. He also showed us how to use various settings on the camera that I hadn't tried before, such as the "S", "A" settings on the Nikon. How varying the shutter speed could let in more light and change the color and feel of the photo. He also showed how to use the light reflection in water on the sand as a focal point-not something you would generally shoot. Then he drove us to various spots on the island that were off the beaten path and we got some great city scape shots. The moon did pop out for a few minutes but turned out to not be the highlight of the tour. I would recommend this tour if you are into unusual shots, or would like to learn more about lighting in difficult situations.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Laurie M
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“One of a Kind Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Professional or amateur, videographer or photographer, DSLR or iPad, photos of scenery or photos of you - this tour offers something for everyone. I booked this tour, hoping to get a couple decent shots of the beach before I went home. But WOW, did I get so much more than that!

Alex and his counterpart have a passion for Hawaii and photography, and it really comes across during the tour. The locations we went to were breathtaking, and they timed our arrival's so that each spot had one-of-a-kind colors and lighting (we still got about 20-30 minutes at each spot, so you NEVER feel rushed). We had a small amount of overcast in the early morning hours, but Alex went around, explaining how to adjust our cameras' exposure levels so that we could take advantage of the clouds and split colors. More than that, the two have a gift for taking a group of jet-lagged tourists and creating a warm and welcoming environment, full of silly stories and Hawaiian history.

This tour is worth SO much more than what it costs. If you're on the fence, don't be. I researched activities for my trip to Oahu thoroughly, and while I'm very happy with everything I tried while there, this tour definitely sits at the top of my list. The tour's five hours flew by, we both have an arsenal of beautiful photos and videos that came almost exclusively from this tour, and despite the fact that it has been a month since my trip to Hawaii, I still close my eyes and dream of the picturesque views I had that morning with Oahu Photography Tours.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Bonnie N
Sceaux, France
“No ka oi (The best !)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

These tours are a MUST for photo lovers!

I was delighted to have chosen Oahu Photography tours. I did the Sunrise tour. I strongly recommend this tour even if you are not a morning person. Your reward will be gorgeous sunrise shots of your Hawaiian vacation. Both Alex and Chris are very nice people to know. Chris was my tour guide. He is very friendly and lots of fun. Chris is also very knowledgeable in Photography. Chris put everyone at ease and helped each member of the group take outstanding photos. I came out with a few tips that I used on my own at the beach. Everyone can enjoy the experience and bring home great photos!
You will love the photography locations, Waikiki pick-up and return and the morning breakfast stop.
Mahalo nui loa, Alex and Chris! I hope to see you again in the future.

Barbara

Visited May 2014
2 Thank babakool
San Francisco, California
13 attraction reviews
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had the pleasure to have Chris as our tour guide. He took us to some of the places he has found on his own. He was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the camera settings and what type of shots were good. It was great to have him give us the tour, he was very entertaining, knowledgeable of the history of the state, gave us suggestions on where to eat and get more beautiful shots. I will definitely do another tour whenever I visit the island again.(Shayea)

Chris was informative, fun, and made the experience so wonderful. He took his time and showed us to some lovely places that we would have never found on our own (Got to hang with the locals!) He was enthusiastic, and passionate about his job! Thanks Chris... Big shout out to Sonia.. You have raised a fabulous young man! Thanks for teaching me about my camera! (Melissa)

Visited June 2014