“Amazing Family Adventure”

Golden Sunrise Photo Tour
Ranked #2 of 335 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Don't just visit O'ahu, get focused and capture it with O'ahu Photography Tours! Book 2 or more tours directly with us and save 15%. Use discount code "OPTTA" when booking one tour on our website. O'ahu Photography Tours is a great tour for anyone wanting to learn or acquire more experience with outdoor photography. Oahu has an endless amount of beautiful locations to photograph just around the corner. We take our guests on a great adventure in finding the most photogenic locations on the day of your tour. From amazing sunrises to beautiful sunsets we get you to those iconic tropical spots allowing you to try out your artistic side and discover for yourself how fun and spectacular outdoor photography can be. With whatever you happen to be photographing, whether it be waterfalls, monk seals, ancient sites, amazing lookouts, breathtaking rainbows, reflective tide pools, barreling waves, or just the ever amazing rising and setting of the sun, you will be amazed at the photos you get with Oahu Photography Tours.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We did this tour on day three of our month long vacation to the Hawaiian islands, and of all the things we did on our trip of a lifetime, this was my favorite. My husband and I were traveling with our 6 year old daughter and 7 year old son, so I had booked a private island tour after e-mailing with Alex. We were lucky enough that both Alex and Chris guided our tour, WHAT AN AMAZING DAY! My kids had a blast, Alex was great in laughing at my son's silly jokes and both guys made an effort to point out things that would be of particular interest to the kids (like a huge dead blowfish and an amazing spider web). They are gave us a tailored tour of the island, full of history and facts. They were full of so much information, we all had so many questions. We learned all about the trees and flowers of Hawaii, the animals, how the seasons effect the waves. We covered so much ground, and feel like we made two new friends. I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer, but focus on portraiture and not landscapes. Chris and Alex both gave great advice and helped adjust my camera settings, they essentially gave me a mini-class that helped kickstart my vacation's photo exploration. The day starts early, and it is SO worth it. They picked us up in the dark and took us to a deserted beach, as the sun was coming up it was hard to concentrate on it because of the 360 degrees of beauty. For the rest of the day, as we kept moving from one picture perfect spot to the next, they pointed out all of the island's amazingness. Later in our trip, when we had a rental car and drove around Oahu and other islands, we better appreciated these places Alex has worked for years to discover. He makes it seem like every corner holds these amazing images, but sadly can be hard to discover on you own. So much time and care has gone into choosing just the spot for you to take that shot that looks like the postcard everyone else is sending home. This tour was worth every penny.

3  Thank Heather M

Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of the best experiences that my family and I enjoyed during our two weeks in Hawaii. We had three adults on the sunrise tour and Alex did a excellent job of working/ not working with us. My wife and I our real amateur photographers, while our daughter has a degree in photography. Alex worked with my wife and me in finding great shots at the locations he took us to but allowed our daughter explore the different sites on her own to get the shots that she was looking for. Along with the great locations for sunrise pictures, Alex proved to be a excellent island guide in giving some tidbits of history, island spots to visited, etc... If we get back to Waikiki again, will differently look to book a another tour with Oahu Photography. P.S., if on the sunrise tour, make sure to order the breakfast burrito or cinnamon bun at the morning stop.

3  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I probably booked 8 or 9 tours in my two week visit. This was one of my favorites and the only one I WILL BOOK IT AGAIN if I visit Hawaii. Get over your jet lag if you are suffering from it but not before you book this tour. They book up faster than you would think. I wanted to do the full day 9 hour tour but was only able to get into the sunrise tour. I thought about booking the full day tour many times while I was there but was not able to squeeze it in, the 4.5 hour tours go so fast!

Now once you are rested get ready to enjoy a tour that you will enjoy and be able to take with you for the rest of your visit. While this is not a tour about learn how to use your equipment or how to take pictures you will get detailed instructions on both if you ask. The places you visit can be visited on your own but you will be missing some important THOUGHTS and TIPS that make all of the difference. This is the tour that “keeps on giving” as you use what you learned to photograph the rest of your visit.

I had a point and shoot camera and my iphone. Because of what I learned on this tour I have fallen in love with my iPhone all over gain and used it more than my point and shoot. Two of the ladies had fancy cameras and stuff and he helped them a lot too. I still think my pictures looked nearly as good as theirs and I just stuck my “camera” in my pocket as we moved from site to site (they had to “pack up”).

I was with Alex, the owner, who is so laid back, knowledgeable about all camera types, and caring. He does most of the sunrise tours and full day tours. You go to some places that are very safe but if you have any issues like me, with a total knee replacement and 30 extra pounds that need to be shed, he is aware and cautious without making you feel like a loser. How far you would like to venture out is up to you but he will help. I shared all of my tour experiences with my friends and this is the only one all of them are dying to take when they visit or revisit Hawaii.

We made them so jealous Alex…even the ones who have been to Hawaii multiple times!

3  Thank MsFroggy32
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Alex and the Oahu Photography Sunrise Tour was so much fun. It offered a combination of humor, history, Hawaiian culture and nature plus I learned more about use of my camera and created great photos. We went to a number of beautiful locations - many I would not have seen on my own. Alex was great at giving individual attention so that it almost felt like a personal tour - even though we were a group of about 7. It was a highlight of my trip and I would go on another tour with
Oahu Photography in a heartbeat.

4  Thank moonscape
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you are thinking about going on one of the tours….stop thinking and book it. I did the sunrise tour and it was one of the highlights on my trip I got to experiment with my camera while taking pictures of the most amazing views. If I had the chance I would have booked my self on to the sunset tour as well….unfortunately I ran of time in Oahu.

3  Thank Chandni K