We checked in on Boxing Day and checked out on January 3. Granted that it was probably the busiest time of year but it was very noisy! We were on one of the lower floors and initially we had a room right next to the elevators. Between the traffic noise and the constant noise of the elevators going up and down we had a poor sleep the first night. When we asked for a change, the staff was happy to oblige. We moved away from the elevators which helped but the traffic noise was still extremely loud. The hotel provided us with a fan which helped provide some white noise but I would definitely recommend that you try a higher floor or find something that is off of the main drag. It was great to be right across from the beach and the hotel itself was beautiful but if you are looking for a quiet Hawaiian getaway you will probably be disappointed!
It has been a while since I have been to Honolulu and it is definitely a big, crowded city. We rented a car which allowed us to get away to some quieter places ... try Kailua, Makaha and the North Shore for great day trips ... but if it is a tranquil Hawaiian holiday is what you are looking for then the Hyatt at Waikiki is probably not the place! If you don't mind the crowds and the noise of city life, and you want to be close to restaurants, entertainment and great shopping then you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the excitement of Waikiki from one incredible location. Steps from the azure blue waters and soft sands of Waikiki Beach, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers magnificent personalized services and luxurious amenities including world-class dining, award-winning spa, interactive cultural activities, 24-hour fitness center, swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and more than 60 on-site boutiques. The resort provides the perfect place for those who want to make the most of their island experience and connect with the heart of Hawaii. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu