This was my second time staying at this hotel after a few years. I was there for meetings and stayed in the Diamond Head tower. Access to Waikiki beach is only steps away from across the hotel and the view as you're waiting to check in or as you come down the escalators to ground level where the blue of the sky and ocean draws is fantastic. The Shor restaurant has wonderful seafood and other options but if you want to get out to eat, there are plenty of restaurants all around in addition to all the shopping.
The hotel has a refreshing open-air ground level which not only has a cafe, juice bar, and the usual selection of stores but also hosts a farmers market of sorts every Tuesday and Thursday evening. On Thursday, there was a live band playing at around 5.30 PM. Some reviewers have noted the noise levels in the hotel because of these activities and the sheer number of guests but I actually liked the liveliness.
I arrived after a long flight at 10 am, well ahead of check-in time at 3 pm but Sean at the front desk made every effort to try to get me a room as soon as possible, which I appreciated. He informed that while my allocated room was still occupied and needed to be refreshed, there was another room that was immediately available. He was honest in disclosing that it might get a little busy if I were to choose this room because of its location near the elevators although recent repairs no longer made it as noisy. I chose to wait and he said he would call as soon as my room was available around 12.30 pm. Sure enough, by that time, my room was ready.
Wifi in the hotel is included in the daily resort fee but reception isn't very fast and patchy at best in the room, which can be a little frustrating if you're trying to work and need Internet access. Most of the hotel, including the rooms, could stand to do with a little modernization but if you don't mind the slightly dated look, this is still a good hotel with great service and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the excitement of Oahu in one of Hawaii's most fashionable zip codes. Just steps from renowned warm waters and spectacular views of Waikiki Beach, the property features newly remodeled guest rooms, an award-winning spa, retail shopping, cultural activities and cuisine from celebrated chefs. Close to Honolulu's most visited attractions, including the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, Iolani Palace and Diamond Head Crater, the hotel is the ideal solution for those who want it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Honolulu
- Hyatt Honolulu
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu