“Diving off the beaten path..Awesome!!”
Review of Center Ring Diving - CLOSED

Center Ring Diving
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Diving off the beaten path..Awesome!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- awesome boat. So comfortable with tons of space to relax including inside where there's a living room or up on top with the captain. Also, the boat is so big that it can go out with any type of weather, not like others smaller boats that will cancel on you if it is not safe for them to go out.
- Alan doesn't believe that you need to wake up at the crack [--] of dawn to go diving. I love this because I'm not a morning person, especially when I'm on vacation in Hawaii.
- they are super flexible with where they go. If you have a specific site you want to dive, alan will make it happen
- Alan and his wife Wanda are a great team. They are so hospitable and treat you like their friend, not like you're a customer.
- in addition to the diving, they are a fishing boat as well, so they will catch some fish on the way out to a dive site far out. So fun!!
- they provide snacks after each dive and a full lunch. Wanda's salads are the bomb! We were well fed.
- we were invited to stay after the dive for BBQ and fireworks (fireworks only on Fridays). Like I said, we were more like old friends and less like customers.
- the groups that Alan takes out are small. We had 6 one day and 4 another day, total.
- alan and Wanda are just really interesting people. They were both in the circus in their past lives and hearig their stories is fascinating.
- beer!! Beer after the last dive on the way home is the best!!

(quasi) cons:
- this is not the kind of company that has a set departure or arrival schedule like the other dive companies that are more like conveyer belts. So if you're on a strict schedule, may not be the best set up. Although, if you tell Alan, I'm sure he would work out a time line for you because he likes to customize everyone's experience. If you need to be back at a certain time, just let him know, and I'm sure he'll do his best to accommodate.
- it's a bit more expensive than some other dive companies. But we thought it was well worth it because we were on a fantastic boat and had a custom diving experience.

Go with them. You wont regret it. We will be repeat diver next visit to Honolulu. Thanks Alan and Wanda!!

Kapolei, Hawaii
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Had the pleasure of doing a diving/fishing trip with Alan, Wanda and crew, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Laid back, fun, generous and a pleasure to be around. Their expertise and attitude is unmatched. After a full day of fishing, diving, eating and boozing, they invited us back to hang out on the boat late into the night. Out came the cigars and cocktails. Truly awesome. I can't recommend them enough.

Tacoma, Washington, United States
3 attraction reviews
“"The only way the dive!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

If your tired of the "Cattle" dive boats, you will love this boat. Alan/Wanda and crew will be a refreshing change of pace from the typical charter. Post dive food and drinks are included and Wanda's salad is to die for!! For just a little more than the price of the typical charter you too can be spoiled, It is well worth it.

Melbourne, Australia
“An experience that will forever be kept somewhere special”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Visiting from Australia and badly wanting to go diving and fishing, I chartered a fishing trip with Centre ring diving, to say Alan and his crew did everything possible to make my adventure as fun and enjoyable as possible was amazing is an understatement, these guys are EPIC!

I had the most memorable time and met the most wonderful people on this trip. The boat is super comfy with everything you can imagine...and more! The captain Dave had me in stitches throughout the journey with his stories while Wanda cooked an incredibly delicious lunch, like seriously, who cooks peeled prawns, salads with home made dressing and chicken wraps on a fishing charter??!!!! its the stuff you find in a fancy restaurant!

We ended up catching a personal best for me Mahi-Mahi at 22lbs and a skipjack tuna, species not found in my hometown of Melbourne, so it was a dream come true. To be honest, meeting these wonderful people (Alan, Wanda, Dave, Jimmy, Brandon and Mike) made the trip so enjoyable that catching a fish was secondary to me.

Thank-you Alan and crew for an experience I will never forget. You truly are set apart from the other fishing charters out there, the wind down after drinks was exeptional and very welcoming.

This has got to be the highlight of my time in Hawaii. Thank-you.

Nghia
Melbourne, Australia

Kaneohe, Hawaii, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Above fantastic”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

These guys are set apart from the dozens of other dive charters on Oahu. Not only is the boat huge and comfy, it also boasts a fantastic atmosphere. The dives were unique and amazing (I've been diving Oahu for the past 6 years). Worth the price solely for the after-dive meal and drinks.

Visited February 2012