- awesome boat. So comfortable with tons of space to relax including inside where there's a living room or up on top with the captain. Also, the boat is so big that it can go out with any type of weather, not like others smaller boats that will cancel on you if it is not safe for them to go out.
- Alan doesn't believe that you need to wake up at the crack [--] of dawn to go diving. I love this because I'm not a morning person, especially when I'm on vacation in Hawaii.
- they are super flexible with where they go. If you have a specific site you want to dive, alan will make it happen
- Alan and his wife Wanda are a great team. They are so hospitable and treat you like their friend, not like you're a customer.
- in addition to the diving, they are a fishing boat as well, so they will catch some fish on the way out to a dive site far out. So fun!!
- they provide snacks after each dive and a full lunch. Wanda's salads are the bomb! We were well fed.
- we were invited to stay after the dive for BBQ and fireworks (fireworks only on Fridays). Like I said, we were more like old friends and less like customers.
- the groups that Alan takes out are small. We had 6 one day and 4 another day, total.
- alan and Wanda are just really interesting people. They were both in the circus in their past lives and hearig their stories is fascinating.
- beer!! Beer after the last dive on the way home is the best!!
- this is not the kind of company that has a set departure or arrival schedule like the other dive companies that are more like conveyer belts. So if you're on a strict schedule, may not be the best set up. Although, if you tell Alan, I'm sure he would work out a time line for you because he likes to customize everyone's experience. If you need to be back at a certain time, just let him know, and I'm sure he'll do his best to accommodate.
- it's a bit more expensive than some other dive companies. But we thought it was well worth it because we were on a fantastic boat and had a custom diving experience.
Go with them. You wont regret it. We will be repeat diver next visit to Honolulu. Thanks Alan and Wanda!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.