“Awesome Relaxing Dives”
Review of Living Ocean Scuba

Living Ocean Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Scuba Diving tours in Oahu, Hawaii. Scuba diving tours at Hanauma Bay Nature preserve (no experience required) and Boat diving charters from Waikiki. We offer two trips daily at Hanauma Bay, the perfect place to try scuba diving. Also check out our Two Tank Shipwreck and Reef charter in the morning for certified divers and the Two Tank Turtle and Reef dive in the afternoon - great for new, inexperienced and rusty divers. Boat dives include free transportation from Waikiki.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I wanted to find a new dive company to go with this time, because last time i was in Oahu, I dove with the dive shop right next to my hotel as I figured it would be easy. I felt like the trips were rushed and military like. I didn't enjoy the dives. I chose living ocean because the website said they did not dive with any more than four people per instructor. I never had more than two other divers with me. While one review of this company said there were forty others on the boat, this is impossible because there are only spots for twenty. I never had more than about twelve others, and David was great at making sure that while on the reef dives, we went somewhere that the other guys never went. I never saw the other groups on the dives except for on the wrecks when they were on the other side of the ship. David and his other instructor were relaxed and easy going both in the water and on the boat. I think he does as good a job as a company could possibly do. Thanks for the great dives.

All reviews
"hanauma bay"
in 50 reviews
"sea tiger"
in 24 reviews
"white tipped reef sharks"
"two tank"
"between dives"
"experienced diver"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were only in Honolulu for the day on our recent Hawaii cruise. Dave made it a great day of scuba and the personal attention was terrific. We will be contacting him again for a day trip on our cruise to Hawaii/South Pacific in early April.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Had a great dive just me and the instructors. Very relaxed fun and friendly! Hanauma Bay was beautiful!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I am an open water diver with 110 dives. I was in Hawaii with my 24 year old daughter, who is not certified. We booked a shore dive in Hanauma Bay for an "intro to dive" for Katie plus myself. We decided to decline the pick up and to meet there to have our car to explore for the afternoon. Dave met us promptly at 7:30am and we were delighted to discover that we were the only two scheduled. Dave could not have been nicer, he reviewed skills with Katie and was a great instructor. We enjoyed 50 minutes of bottom time, saw four turtles and countless beautiful fish. It was a great experience for Katie, who felt very comfortable and was well looked after by Dave. I loved it as well and would definitely recommend this for certified divers. I learned that only two companies are permitted to dive in Hanauma Bay and the second one caters primarily to Japanese tourists. I highly recommend Living Ocean!