“Great place and setup”

Discovery Bay Condominiums
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here for about 2 weeks and the place was top notch. The parking garage and security was fine and it has a nice pool and hot tub area on the 11th floor. It may be on the end of Waikiki beach but there are a number of bars and restaurants close by. It was easy to walk around to the mall and beach areas without a problem. We were on one of the upper floors and had an excellent ocean view with the unit in tip top shape.

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors if you can.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelalloveragain

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We rented unit 3414 directly from the owner and could not have been more pleased. The condo had 2 bedrooms and all the amenities you could want including private deeded parking, wifi, DVD player,beach towels, boogie boards, beach chairs, umbrella, fantastic views, and great service from Rodney (owner) and his team. The location was very good with easy access to great restaurants and the beach, all within walking distance.

I would highly recommend this property if you are looking for a clean comfortable and spacious condo. Thank you Rodney!!

Room Tip: We rented the unit from Great Rentals. The property ID is 226346 and the owner's name is Rodney.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank aerojunkie
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been visiting Honolulu every month for the past year & half. I always stay at the Discovery Bay Condo. It makes my trips so worth every coin i've spent! I get pleanty of excerise, every thing is in walking distance, great food in the building, on major bus route. The condo itself is so open and free, you would never know how secured it really is! 24hr. security guards, The real kind!! pool, bq, beautiful units, across the street from the beach, oh and did i mention the ABC store? save thoes receipts!! ive gotten lots of free gifts,(that i don't share!) beach towels are a neccesity here!! Well enough said, cuz i left Seattle Wa. to live the rest of my days here!! ALOHA

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 719erin
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 months. Great size rooms. Kitchen dinningroom livingroom open area. The pictures at thier web site are not the condo you get. Those picture are homeowners condos. Carpet and livingroom furniture was a bit worn but because of the extas and security and extras I could over look that. We were on the 49 floor so we could see Waikii beach most of the city and mountains great view for fireworks. Bus system right out front door. Mall and Majic island park walking distance. Durring our time March 2011-July 2011 there was consrutction all night. Locals say they are alway working on that road. My husband on business trip I was for vacation. No bad time to visit but waves are small in summer. I would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room ask if they are working on the road still. Room on west side tower might be qui...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have stayed here for fifteen years, we love it It is close to all our needs. Very clean and safe ,The rec area we love .Can't say much more .Just Love the condo

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marygelin
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I won't rate the condo we stayed at, since this will vary based on which company you book with.
The property itself suited our needs. Positives include:

- 1.5 blocks from Waikiki beach
- on a main road, Ala Moana (convenience to buses, etc)
- ABC store, McDonalds & Car Rental companies downstairs
- Food Pantry for groceries on Hobron St (2 blocks away)
- reasonably sized deck with afternoon sun (small pool & hot tub)
- close to Ala Moana mall
- a 15 min walk to Royal Hawaiian Center
- view of the marina (not of the beach)

The only negatives that some may think of (that didn't bother us)
- street level noise
- not right in the middle of the busiest part of Waikiki

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank icee88
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I can not tell you how wonderful this property is...My aunt and Uncle lived here for about 30 years...coming every fall and staying till sprin...we would come visit almost every year...I always thought the area was a Chicago with PalmTrees...but after a few years I could not think of any other place I would want to travel and stay...the view beyond imagination and the location was was with walking distance...when I got married I brought my husband here then when my childeren got older we brought them here...just can not imagine staying anywhere else

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple