“Please stop and pay your respects”

USS Oklahoma Memorial
US$125.00*
Skip the Line: Pearl Harbor Memorial Small Group Tour From Waikiki
Ranked #30 of 331 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Please stop and pay your respects to the fallen Sailors and Marines of the USS Oklahoma. The memorial is next to the bus stop for the USS Missouri. Over 400 Sailors and Marines lost their lives on this ship on Dec 7, 1941. When you see images, photos, and video of rescue attempts for an overturn ship from Pearl Harbor, you are looking at the USS Oklahoma. Unfortunately, only 30(+) men were able to be saved. The rest perished in ways that need not be described here. These men were some of the first to die for their country and for all the countries in the Pacific theater of war.

1  Thank JSW731
There are newer reviews for USS Oklahoma Memorial

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I did see the ship when I was there , it was moving an it did make me sad, all the Marine's an Sailor's that lost there lives in the attack, I wished that I could been there to help. to see the pictures of this attack just made me mad, but they died for all of us an for the U.S.A .

1  Thank franksgogetter
Reviewed 21 November 2013

465 sailor's and Marine's perished aboard the USS Oklahoma during the attack of December 7th. Two of the lost were Congressional Medal of Honor recipients.

Considering that the USS Oklahoma registered the second largest loss of life during the attack at Pearl Harbor, it would seem fitting that their memorial be something more prominent than the existing memorial. It is still a "must see", but lacks the acknowledgement they deserve..

1  Thank Neill M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The ship, of course, no longer exists. It was lost at sea after ther war. The memorial shows just how many men were lost within the ship after the attack.

A simple memorial, but still very moving.

1  Thank cricket_umpires
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I visited USS Oklahoma when I was on the Pearl Harbor tour. I used the audio tour but didn't listen to it the whole time. At certain spots I would listen to get more information. I heard some of the guided tours and they didn't seem that more informative. It was nice to walk around the battleship at my own pace.

1  Thank jm33852