“Great if you like to watch homeless people shower”

Ala Moana Beach Park
Book In Advance
US$79.99*
Surf lesson at Ala Moana Beach
US$108.00*
Private Stand Up Paddle Boarding Lesson at Ala Moana Beach Park
US$93.19*
and up
Oahu Surf Lessons: Class and Equipment at Ala Moana Beach with Round-Trip...
Ranked #29 of 332 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: This gentle, protected beach has coarse sand and is ideal for swimming and water play.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I started my tour of Waikiki at Ala Moana and I couldn't believe the amount of people there were bathing themselves in the public bathroom. I was hit up so many times for money in the short visit I had there and I couldn't wait to get off of the property.

3  Thank MilHistory_Traveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

After a short visit to Waikiki beach we headed back to Ala Moana Beach. Nice sand. Clean. Guard on duty. Shallow waters. Reefs outside. Green grass to play on, or just to relax. It's a gem

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The beach front location was spectacular and ideal. Walking distance to the main shopping strip in waikiki and is well connected to local restaurants and shopping via the waikiki trolley. A great holiday for all ages and interests.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I went bike riding through the park and really enjoyed it. There are nice walking/bike paths and some nice secluded areas for swimming. You really can't tell how large the park is from the street in the front. I think parking is free there too. Since I was on the bike, I can't say for sure. There are some homeless types that are around, so be carefu, but they are also down in Waikiki as well, so there is no difference to me. I spoke to some of them and they did not bother me. Just be careful and watch your valuables (as you should anywhere you go on vacation).

1  Thank debbiejo
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great beach, not too crowded. Excellent parking. Close to all of the Ala Moana activities, near bus transportation.