“Great hotel in a great location”

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Shoreline was an awesome place to stay. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel has recently been renovated so it was modern and fresh. We stayed 8 nights and while we did hear a bit of traffic noise from the street at night I think that most hotels would experience this due to how busy Waikiki is. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi worked well. The aircon was efficient and we found if we put it on low air flow it kept a good temperature during the night. Overall would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room nearer the top of the building might be less noisy at night. We were on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Shoreline hotel is just great and we'd love to stay there again. It's right in the centre of everything. You get out of the hotel and the shops are there. The staff are friendly and always willing to give suggestions where you should be going and the rooms are clean and just the right size.My husband and I stayed there and celebrated our wedding anniversary and it's fabulous.Also, it's just 5 minutes walk to the beach.We'd love to stay here again next time in Honolulu. Mahalo Nui loa, guys! All the best...(the Ogdens, November 2013)

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the shoreline over the Thanks giving day holiday. .. the hotel was clean and a great location plus it gad free wifi..... Would definitely stay here again. .. Definitely recommend the hotel...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at the Shoreline for three nights. Great price, great location and the best customer service. We were celebrating my Hawaii 5-0 Birthday and the ocean view room was greatly appreciated!

The front desk is wonderful. They had answers for all our questions and we greatly appreciated the beach towels.

We also did the valet parking, and the valet guys were great.

The rooms were great and I love the ecofriendly touches!

I would recommend the Shoreline to everyone and would definitely stay here again.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Choose a room near the top for the best views.
1  Thank HawaiiGirl112
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed with my friend during 11 days and we were treated very well at this hotel. Roons cleans, staff always very happy and smilling and they help us always willingly. Great location e the most important: reasonable price.
I hope to retorn to Honolulu and sure I am staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good. I stayed in the room with the city view and I had a sleep quality.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I and my ohana stayed here for one night prior to boarding the Pride of America and then a second night (and next day) after the cruise before flying home.

Rooms were clean and modern and while on the smallish side (think a NYC hotel room), perfectly adequate for our needs. The location is very good -- on a more quiet side street between two major thoroughfares, with lots of shopping just steps away. Every staff member I came in contact with was extremely courteous and helpful.

My only suggestion is that the hotel spend the money to put blackout drapes in the rooms. Even on a side street, this an extremely urban area -- when I turned out the lights, the room was still almost as bright as day due to the surrounding street and shopping lights. And then when the sun came up....Seriously, Joie de Vivre -- blackout drapes are not an option in an urban hotel.

Overall, a nice hotel and a very good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Titaniumfemme
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nothing fancy here but this recently renovated hotel provides a great value for money and is perfectly located at about 200ft of the heart of Waikiki (Kalakaua street). The only downsides to our room was that the AC was a little bit too noisy and there was no hairdryer.

1  Thank Isa_and_Eric
Travellers also viewed these Honolulu hotels
Waikiki
Aqua Oasis
#25 of 84 in Honolulu
Prince Waikiki
#1 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Shoreline Hotel Waikiki? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shoreline Hotel Waikiki

Address: 342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-2527 (Formerly Seaside Hotel )
Region: United States > Hawaii > Oahu > Honolulu
Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 On the Beach Hotel in Honolulu
#17 Business Hotel in Honolulu
#19 Romantic Hotel in Honolulu
Price Range: £129 - £212 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Shoreline Hotel Waikiki 3.5*
In a destination that’s famous for being popular, the Shoreline is comfortable in its own skin. The hotel — 135 rooms over 14 floors — has a scale absent from most Waikiki Resorts, and the 1970s design creates a contemporary feel. Accommodations are bright and well‑appointed. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shoreline Hotel Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu