“Excellent Location, Highly recommend”

Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Broadbeach, Australia
“Excellent Location, Highly recommend”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have just come back from my first visit to Hawaii and stayed at the Shoreline. I cannot stop raving about the service here. the staff were amazing and very approachable. The standard of the room were great, everything needed to enjoy my stay although could be a little bigger to fit in all the bags of shopping. The location is spot on with access straight to the strip and right round the corner form the international markets and T-Galleria. Also just at the end of the road is the new H and M which is soon to open. Restaurant are in easy location and also the trolly picks up and drops off just at the bottom of the road. Honestly will be heading back here soon. Thanks for making my first time to Hawaii an amazing one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice in the last few weeks. The first time the room was clean, bathroom spacious and the ladies at check in were just lovely. We were even given a gift of chocolates and a card - such a nice touch
People have said the views are bad - i think the views are fine, unless you are on the ocean you will not get a true ocean view and for a busy stay this hotel is just what you need
Pros -
Good Location
Good Air conditioning
Nice Decor
Friendly Housekeeping Staff
They use fitted sheets which I think is excellent & the beds are very comfy
Susan is lovely she even accepted a parcel for me
Cons -
Jerome at the front desk was passive aggressive unfriendly and offensive
Room types & sizes aren't consistent (odd shaped)
Bathroom in King Rooms so small it was hard to fit through door
Bathroom was dirty and clogged with hair when we complained we looked at 3 other rooms until one was similar to move to (again all dd shapes)
The advanced purchase rates are not charged at the time so you think you have paid but you have not (frustrating with fluctuating currency) - we tried to pay later that day but they would not take payment until we checked out even though we said we would be leaving early and wanted no delays
Wifi is patchy
When we asked to speak to management and emailed them no response or reply email
This is all a shame as I love boutique properties and this has such potential

I would not stay here again as I was in tears after the room situation - with the filthy bathroom and asked to check out but Jerome kept insisting we look at more rooms and would not let us pay to upgrade - no compassion and left a very bad feeling

3 Thank AbundantMilly
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Aloha AbundanceAbundance,
Please do accept my apologies for my haste in responding to your review. I’d like to personally thank you for describing all the pros while staying with us here at the Shoreline as many other reviews are similar. I would just like to mention that my Assistant Front Office Manager Jerome loved going the extra mile for you and your husband who I understand had an injury during your outer island adventure. Thank you for giving us the opportunity host you. We look forward to seeing you on your next Hawaiian vacation.
Mahalo,
Daniel Floren
Front Office Manager
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Shoreline was an awesome place to stay. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel has recently been renovated so it was modern and fresh. We stayed 8 nights and while we did hear a bit of traffic noise from the street at night I think that most hotels would experience this due to how busy Waikiki is. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi worked well. The aircon was efficient and we found if we put it on low air flow it kept a good temperature during the night. Overall would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room nearer the top of the building might be less noisy at night. We were on the 9th floor.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Shoreline hotel is just great and we'd love to stay there again. It's right in the centre of everything. You get out of the hotel and the shops are there. The staff are friendly and always willing to give suggestions where you should be going and the rooms are clean and just the right size.My husband and I stayed there and celebrated our wedding anniversary and it's fabulous.Also, it's just 5 minutes walk to the beach.We'd love to stay here again next time in Honolulu. Mahalo Nui loa, guys! All the best...(the Ogdens, November 2013)

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the shoreline over the Thanks giving day holiday. .. the hotel was clean and a great location plus it gad free wifi..... Would definitely stay here again. .. Definitely recommend the hotel...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Derek S
Murphys, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at the Shoreline for three nights. Great price, great location and the best customer service. We were celebrating my Hawaii 5-0 Birthday and the ocean view room was greatly appreciated!

The front desk is wonderful. They had answers for all our questions and we greatly appreciated the beach towels.

We also did the valet parking, and the valet guys were great.

The rooms were great and I love the ecofriendly touches!

I would recommend the Shoreline to everyone and would definitely stay here again.

Thank you!

Room Tip: Choose a room near the top for the best views.
1 Thank HawaiiGirl112
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed with my friend during 11 days and we were treated very well at this hotel. Roons cleans, staff always very happy and smilling and they help us always willingly. Great location e the most important: reasonable price.
I hope to retorn to Honolulu and sure I am staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: All Rooms are good. I stayed in the room with the city view and I had a sleep quality.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends