US$444
Hyatt.com
US$503
US$466
1,880 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationcucumber watercotton candyross storeiced teafree wififridge and microwavefront desk staffboutique hotelvalet parkingcentral locationbeach towelssmall balconycomfy bedwould stay againshort walk to the beach
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I can’t say I had a bad experience at Shoreline hotel, so the overall rating isn’t that off, but as someone who spends time actually reading reviews, I don’t know where all the specific compliments came from.
The room is tiny (Chicago size) and the A/C is noisy, as pointed out by a few other reviewers. Now, for the original comments: The parking fare wasn’t a surprise, but everybody mentioned they relied on a 3rd party parking across the street. During my whole time there (6 nights) I could always find a spot on the limited parking space they have on site. Such “luck” didn’t prevent the daily charge of US$26,00. I got a 4th floor room facing the front of the hotel only to find out the Ross store is a meeting point for several tours (information confirmed by a staff member) and precisely at 5 A.M you start hearing those annoying 80’s games sound effects of buses reversing to park.
I’ve tried twice to get moved to a higher floor but in spite of the apparent not fully booked situation (the on- site parking availability is a big indication of such) I was never granted with a floor upgrade. Honestly, I wouldn’t (won’t) personally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FredBueno
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Aloha FredBueno,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review, as it does enable our hotel as a whole to improve our services. In our prior reviews previous guests’ compliments are geared towards our Front Desk Hosts, complimentary amenities, upgraded rooms and décor, and last but definitely not least our centralized location. Being that Waikiki is a highly urbanized area outside traffic noise is a concern that our hotel has no control over but we do our very best to accommodate higher floor requests based on availability, and while we do offer valet parking for $26 per day “with” in and out privileges once a spot is requested by our guests we hold that spot for our guests duration of stay which explains the ease you encountered when valeting your vehicle with us. While it is unfortunate that we were unable to move you to a higher floor due to our hotels high occupancy and lack of check outs I am glad that our hosts were able to offer you an option of moving to the 6th floor during your stay. If you’d like to stay on a higher floor in the future please consider booking a partial ocean view room or one of our junior suites. Again Thank you for your review we appreciate your comments.

Daniel Floren,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We recently stayed here for a week. We booked through their website and got us a Partial Ocean View King ADA room which says on the email we received in confirmation:

"includes a... balcony/lanai, refrigerator, microwave..."

When we got to our room on the 14th floor, we noticed that there was no microwave or fridge. The balcony was only for one person to stand on (why bother having one?) so I went down to the reception to ask if there was another room available that would actually match what we booked. I even brought our print out. There were 2 people at reception and there were both confused at the simple request. The unhelpful lady goes, "Is this something you think you would require?".

Um, excuse me... I require what I paid for. It's like asking someone who booked into a resort if they require a pool. I was gobsmacked and said yes. She said no rooms were available until about 4 days into our trip. By then what's the point? I told her that she should tell management to change the description of the ADA rooms in their website and take off the fridge/microwave description and she just looked at me with a blank look on her face clearly just having failed Customer Service 101.

The room we had was average sized. The king bed was very comfortable which is a plus and so are the pillows. The bathrooms are poorly designed (read: cheap) so that the shower is in the same area as the toilet. I believe another reviewer also commented about this being a poor design and I agree. Everything got wet basically.

I sleep with earplugs on so the noise didn't bother me but if you're light-sensitive then please bring an eye mask. With all the lights off in the room, it was still bright. Again, poor design. The bed was facing the door directly and there were large gaps in the bottom and side of the door so the orange flourescent lighting from the hallway seeps into the room casting an orange glow all night.

The airconditioning is also very loud.

The pool was again another poor design (I'm just thinking the designers/management are lazy overall). It was just a rectangle of water in a rooftop with 4 plastic chairs. No umbrellas or anything to make it usable for anyone. Why bother?

Some pros:
- location is brilliant. Only a couple of minutes from Waikiki Beach.
- the bed is comfortable
- we found the free coffee/water helpful some days
- there was one guy in reception that was particularly helpful (male with glasses on, morning shift always)

Apart from these pros, there were too many cons especially the afternoon reception staff and their attitudes. Would I stay here again? No way. There are many more great hotels nearby just for a little bit of an increase on the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank globality
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Aloha globality,

Thank you for submitting your review. I love when our Front Desk Hosts are mentioned when they assist our guests during their stay. While the room layout of our hotels ADA rooms is unique, they are designed this way to be ADA compliant. During your next trip please do feel free to book a non ADA Partial Ocean View room or even a Junior Suite, since an ADA room is not necessary for your needs. Once again Thank You very much for taking time to write this review.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Thrilled to have found the Shoreline. Very much appreciated the front desk and their immediate response to our initial displeasure with the view of a garage roof. (Many thanks, especially, to Pete, for his patience.) Once settled in to our room, we were pleased all around. The rooms are well-appointed, as are the bathrooms. Our deck was great for watching the Waikiki scene. Nice lobby and extremely helpful staff. Note: Lower floor rooms get noisy at night from the street life. ** Upper floor rooms (1327, 1328, 1427 or 1428) are quieter. ** The hotel is only a block away from Waikiki Beach and great shopping. (Check out Dukes Marketplace on Kuhio Avenue for well-priced take-home gifts. Found some beautiful bead and shell necklaces that were well-priced.) Highly recommend and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Request upper floor rooms 1327, 1328, 1427 or 1428 on ocean side. (You might not specifically see the ocean, but the view is better.)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BKB217

Aloha BKB217,
Thank you for your honesty in letting our Front Desk Host Pete know that the room you originally checked into was what you were expecting. We appreciate you for giving us another opportunity to better accommodate you during your stay with us, as our Hosts love going the extra mile. While outside noise is a nuisance that the hotel cannot control I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your room on our higher floors. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I hadn't been to Waikiki for many years and we were on a bit of a budget as always - wanting a pleasant place without paying a fortune. After a lot of Trip Advisor research, I decided to book the Shoreline Waikiki.....it was the best choice I could have made.

This is a delightful boutique hotel just a short walk from just about everything. I'm guessing it has been renovated in the last few years and is now stylish and modern. The room was a good size with everything you would expect - no musty smell that you get in so many of the other older properties.

The staff were extremely polite and helpful - and good advise on restaurants, buses etc. Nothing was too much trouble.

We loved the iced water, really good coffee and green tea available 24/7 ini the lobby.

There is a samll rooftop pool - nothing flash but good for a quick dip and a fabulous view to the Royal Hawaiian and the ocean.

All the local buses and trams stopped just a few metres away.

Having looked everywhere for clothing and accessories at a great price we realised we had a Ross's Outlet store literally next to the hotel - and open to 11pm! We did some credit card damage in there!

Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend to anyone else heading to Waikiki and not wanting to stay in one of the massive resorts.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a bit of a view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Annabel L
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Aloha Annabel L,
Wow I’d like to personally thank you for your review as it gives much insight to others as what to expect when staying with us. Yes our hotel was recently renovated explaining the hip new décor. I appreciate you mentioning our Front Desk Hosts as they are the lifeblood of the hotel making our guests feel at home and assisting them as they venture out during their vacations. Being that we are in the middle of Waikiki I see that you did a lot of retail therapy as well during your stay, one of my favorite things to do while on vacation myself. Again thank you for sharing your thoughts with us we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I just stayed there for four days w/my wife during a vacation. Loved the location. It is a five minute walk from the beach. And the staff was super friendly. The room was a bit small but the price was great and totally worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reuven77
Shoreline H, Front Office Manager at Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Aloha Reuven77,

I’d personally like to thank you and the Mrs. for choosing to stay with us during your stay. I take great pride when each and every time our staff is mentioned and is able to make our guests stay a memorable one. Please contact us directly during your next Hawaiian vacation. From everyone here at the Shoreline Hotel Waikiki, Mahalo!