“The employees did not seem to care”
Review of Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki - CLOSED

Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I entered the restaurant and immediately observed a customer at the counter trying to rectify a situation in which the counter clerk had accidentally short-changed the customer by $10.00 and the customer was upset. I dismissed that as a fluke, but then experienced a similar event, in which the change I had received was also short by a dollar. My wife and I had to order three times before the clerk got the order right. There was one other customer in the sitting area, who already had his order, so there was nothing else going on in the kitchen, and it still took 15 minutes to receive my simple order. This place has run down considerably since the last time I was here (18 months prior).

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I had always wanted to try Philly cheese steaks seeing as we are big fans of Fresh prince of bel air. We were not disappointed. Not the healthiest option but they were bloody awesome

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The cheesesteaks are made order and very large. My husband and I always need to share one! This is a regular stop for us after a night out in Waikiki!

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I ate here about 5 weeks ago and although expensive ($13 for a sub, fries and a drink) I thought it tasted good so we came back and ordered our meals. We went to pick which drink we wanted and my fiancé picked one of the 3 juices. The server said that was extra but all of the other drinks were same price so he asked for the bottled water. Then realized he could have had a sweet tea so changed it to a sweet tea. So we go and sit down and wait for our order. 20 minutes later we notice the 3 orders after us have received their food so my fiancé goes to the counter to ask. They didn't know where our order was and when it was looked into, apparently the server pressed "cancel" on our order when the water was exchanged for a sweet tea and the order never went through to the kitchen.
Apparently the sweet tea costs 73 cents more than the normal drink included in the meal, so even though the server had incorrectly told us the sweet tea was one of the included drinks, it wasn't. Instead of them saying "we are so sorry, we will get your meals for you ASAP" they said they needed to refund the original meal charges and ADD the extra 73 cent charge to the bill and recharge us the full amount. What???? No, they were not kidding. So it took them over TEN minutes to work this all out because they couldn't handle a refund/reorder and there were 3 staff members trying to work it out. Not one of them suggested since they told us the drinks were the same price, that we just get our orders and an apology. My fiancé suggested they take the 73 cents from the tip, but apparently that can't happen. So we then had to wait for our order to start being prepared after the cook had helped the servers work it all out so we ended up waiting over 45 minutes for our meals. My fiancé asked for them to refund the 20% tip he had originally left and we were disgusted they made us do all of that for 73 cents. Worst customer service.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We used to live near Waikiki and this location used to be an L&L but they had Kalbi so we decided to try it. It took about 30 minutes a d there was no one there. We were in a good mood so we were happy and perky. The woman taking the order was not! She was down right off putting. Not a smile, not a thank you, nothing. Then the 30 minute wait. She came back from the back room to serve another customer, eating something. just really not very professional. The dining area was ok... One other family was there and just leaving.

Prices are high for the quantity if food. No self respecting Hawaiian would waste his time in this place. L&L us missed in this area.

Because Waikiki is a tourist, transient customers, they really don't care if their service is terrible. We won't go back again. I don't recommend this place when there are so many great places to eat in Waikiki