“Philly Cheesesteak in Paradise.”
Review of Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki - CLOSED

Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 June 2014

While riding the Pink Trolley around Waikiki we spotted a nondescript business with a strange name, Ono Cheesesteak. After returning from a long day of sightseeing we decided to check out what seemed to be an anomaly in Hawaii, a Cheesesteak store. Our trepidation was quickly overcome when we unwrapped our shared sandwich that cut in half was two large Cheesesteak sandwiches. Made to order it was a slice of Heaven that satisfied our hunger but left us disappointed when the last bite was consumed wishing there was just one more bite... A 4 compared to a real Philly Cheesesteak, but a 5 for Hawaii. Don't expect fancy digs but you will find really great food. Oh and don;t forget the onion rings, a tasty add on.

1  Thank EWL05
There are newer reviews for Ono Cheese Steak Waikiki

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I entered the restaurant and immediately observed a customer at the counter trying to rectify a situation in which the counter clerk had accidentally short-changed the customer by $10.00 and the customer was upset. I dismissed that as a fluke, but then experienced a similar event, in which the change I had received was also short by a dollar. My wife and I had to order three times before the clerk got the order right. There was one other customer in the sitting area, who already had his order, so there was nothing else going on in the kitchen, and it still took 15 minutes to receive my simple order. This place has run down considerably since the last time I was here (18 months prior).

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I had always wanted to try Philly cheese steaks seeing as we are big fans of Fresh prince of bel air. We were not disappointed. Not the healthiest option but they were bloody awesome

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The cheesesteaks are made order and very large. My husband and I always need to share one! This is a regular stop for us after a night out in Waikiki!

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I ate here about 5 weeks ago and although expensive ($13 for a sub, fries and a drink) I thought it tasted good so we came back and ordered our meals. We went to pick which drink we wanted and my fiancé picked one of the 3 juices. The server said that was extra but all of the other drinks were same price so he asked for the bottled water. Then realized he could have had a sweet tea so changed it to a sweet tea. So we go and sit down and wait for our order. 20 minutes later we notice the 3 orders after us have received their food so my fiancé goes to the counter to ask. They didn't know where our order was and when it was looked into, apparently the server pressed "cancel" on our order when the water was exchanged for a sweet tea and the order never went through to the kitchen.
Apparently the sweet tea costs 73 cents more than the normal drink included in the meal, so even though the server had incorrectly told us the sweet tea was one of the included drinks, it wasn't. Instead of them saying "we are so sorry, we will get your meals for you ASAP" they said they needed to refund the original meal charges and ADD the extra 73 cent charge to the bill and recharge us the full amount. What???? No, they were not kidding. So it took them over TEN minutes to work this all out because they couldn't handle a refund/reorder and there were 3 staff members trying to work it out. Not one of them suggested since they told us the drinks were the same price, that we just get our orders and an apology. My fiancé suggested they take the 73 cents from the tip, but apparently that can't happen. So we then had to wait for our order to start being prepared after the cook had helped the servers work it all out so we ended up waiting over 45 minutes for our meals. My fiancé asked for them to refund the 20% tip he had originally left and we were disgusted they made us do all of that for 73 cents. Worst customer service.