“Great Portuguesa Restruant”

Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Great Portuguesa Restruant”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I found this wonderful little restaurant with the purchase of a Groupon. They serve Portuguese and Brazilian food. One of the main features was the "as much as you want" carved meats. It seemed like a lot to eat so I ordered Salmon "fixed with a lemon caper Portuguese sauce", rice and sauteed vegetables. The sauce made the dish very special. My husband ordered a grilled kabob with pork, chicken, bell pepper & onion. The accompanying french fries & sauteed vegetables made a delicious complete dinner. We added a Spanish Merlot wine which complemented both dinners. The service was good and waiter/owner very friendly. Reservations are suggested as by the time we left, all of the tables were full & customers waiting.

• Visited May 2013

Oklahoma
“great food, great service, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Had a dinner date here. the food was really good, had what we call in S. America " churrascaria" , which is a whole bunch of meat cuts served at your table.
The service was friendly and really good. There was a guy playing the guitar, which added a good touch to the mood of the place. The location wasn't that great if you're walking at night in this part of town, but
nothing to do with the restaurant and its quality. Very pleased by eating here.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank matador69
DETROIT
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My local friend suggested that we meet at this restaurant after work about 4:30. She advised us to order the home-made ginger ale which (if you like ginger ale at all) is to die for. We also had the stuffed button mushrooms--delish! My friends all ordered fish, but I took the bartender's recommendation of a clam/meat dish. What I had was great, but there was a lot of food--way too much for me who had also eaten the rolls sopping up the mushroom sauce. They were the hard outer crust and the fluffy insides. We finished our meal with masaladas--not the least bit greasy. We were there before the entertainment but my friend does and loves it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JUDYHULA
Massachusetts
“Delicious lunch!”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I were given a gift certificate for this restaurant. We walked around Chinatown for a bit before going in for lunch. We were seated immediately and the friendly waitstaff came over to take our orders. I ordered #13, the Bacalhau a Braz. It was very good, piping hot and more than enough. I couldn't finish my entire meal so I ended up taking it home in a doggie bag. After our meal we were served with two of their delicious malasadas which they also sell out of the side window of the restaurant. The interior isn't fancy, rather plain actually, but my husband liked their decor.

• Visited December 2012
Florida
“Quaint Setting, Good Food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Went early in the evening so we were the only ones there. No live music playing yet so can't comment on that. We had called for a reservation but arrived early. Barman/waiter was friendly, seated us promptly, and provided good service. Food was good... stuffed mushrooms and fresh bread were yummy; chicken/pork kabob and pork tenderloin were tastey; creme broulet was just OK. One negative: bar was out of two popular wines so barman offered to allow us to taste the two alternatives he recommended one of which was not on the menu. We were quite surprised that a "tasting charge" was then added to our bill since a charge for the tasting was not mentioned and it was offered because the wines we originally selected were not available. A bit tacky and inconsiderate! For visitors not familiar with Honolulu... this restaurant is located in Chinatown, still not the most savory area of Honolulu so be vigilant as you walk to and from the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013