“One of the best in Honolulu” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lucky Belly
Ranked #13 of 2,327 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doha, Qatar
“One of the best in Honolulu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My belly was very happy at Lucky Belly. Found it by accident for dinner, but found it to be so good, I returned for lunch the next day. The Ox-tail dumplings are simply delicious. Great staff, really good food, and great atmosphere. Will definitely go back next time I'm in Honolulu.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NWAdventurer69

Montreal, Canada
“Pure Deliciousness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We looked up restaurants to go to in honolulu. As we were staying in Waikiki, Lucky Belly seemed too out of the way (even though the menu tempted us so much!!). One morning we decided to venture out to chinatown. We walked around for 2 hours or so, and then but pure luck I happened to turn my head and there it was! Lucky Belly!
This was definitely the best restaurant we went to in our time in honolulu.
We had the Pork Bowl, the pork belly buns and the pulled pork. All three were amazing, I couldn't even say if one was better than the other. This is a must!!!

Visited August 2014
Barstow, California
“Lucky find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place is a nice change from all the Chinese food places in Chinatown. It's pretty cozy inside with a nice L shaped bar. Exposed brick and wood beams...or were they iron? The food part of the menu is small, but I think that works. Do some things very well and you can change it accordingly. My favorite appetizer was the oxtail dumplings!! Tender beef in fresh pockets with some clover sprouts and grape tomatoes with a delicious soy sauce. Might as well order the Lucky Bowl, and it was a good size. The partner had the sandwich special which he said was really good!

A couple days later, we found ourselves wandering around Chinatown and decided to come in for some wine and the dumplings. Unfortunately, they don't serve the oxtail ones at lunch, so we had to settle for the Pork Belly Bao, which was very good, but I really had my heart set on those dumplings. We told the friendly bartender that it gave us all the more reason to come back. But....Lucky us!!!...I think the manager saw our disappointment and the chef made us two, on the house. Both went well with Rioja from Spain.

Great wine, friendly service, and delicious food! i love Lucky Belly...and so does my belly!

• Visited August 2014
New Jersey
“Good China Town Ramen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This place is located in China Town. We parked in the public parking lot down the street for $15.

China town is not very nice these days. There are many homeless people and vacant businesses in this area. There was actually a homeless person sleeping outside around the corner from this restaurant.

My family of 4 arrived here for lunch. We had to wait around 15 minutes for our table. We were seated at the very large table to the right of the entrance. This place is busy during lunch. The Lucky Belly uses reclaimed wood & brick walls adorn this hip ramen joint featuring a window for late-night takeout. Check out my pics. We started with 2 Diablo cocktails for $10 each.

I had the Belly bowl for $14, which was a spectacular ramen dish. My other family members had the Brisket Tartine also for $14 and the Pork Wrap and Tempura Shrimp for $12 each, which they were all very happy with.

The total cost of our meals was $79.32. Service here was very good here except the waiter accidently knocked over one of our Diablo cocktails, which was replaced.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tony J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Great food, amazing service"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Four of us ate at Lucky Belly last week and it was fantastic. We shared a bunch of their appetizers, pretty much all of them, and they were all great. Wish we'd had more time in Honolulu to go back. We discovered Lucky Belly too late. Our loss.
Eating is one of my partner and I's favourite parts of traveling so we've eaten in a lot of places but we both agreed that Lucky Belly had the best service we've ever had anywhere. Reason enough to return to Honolulu.

• Visited July 2014