“Best Buffet not in a hotel”
Review of Five Star International Buffet - CLOSED

Five Star International Buffet
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Hawaiian Ave.
Transit: The Bus Waikiki Express B exit at Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center.
Description: The Five Star International Buffet is a delectable tasting menu featuring gourmet cuisine from Hawaii and around the globe. House specialties, fresh seasonal dishes made with locally-raised seafood and produce, and savory desserts are carefully prepared by more than a dozen chefs in an open-dual kitchen. Our cuisine is complemented by a full bar and signature cocktails. Whether it’s for lunch, happy hour or dinner, we invite you to try a new way to buffet.
Reviewed 18 April 2013

What could be better than Kung Crab Claws, fresh Sushi and sliced roast beef. How about all you can eat Lobster and drawn butter?
Well worth the price in Oahu.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

it is just above the Cheese cake factory but no need to wait to seat and food is lined up for us. I forgot which magazine has but I found a coupon to get discount. I like that new restaurant is always clean and trying to improve. I hope they keep thier good service and quality of food.

1  Thank Yully
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We wanted to try this buffet but when we saw the price for dinner ($48) which would not include a drink or your tip we just felt it was much too pricey as none of us are very big eaters so sorry to say we scratched it off our list.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

With a name like "five star" we were expecting the food to be awesome. It really felt like "three star" because the food was average tasting, nothing really stood out.
The configuration of the buffet needs to be addressed.It was like a tiny hallway. Their portions were small and had to be constantly replenished. Their dessert selection small and they ran out out creme brûlée.
The staff was ok. The wait staff was more friendlier than the hostess's when we arrived.
I recommend making reservations if you do go.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We decided to have our monthly high-school girls luncheon at the Five Star because of the favorable comments we had heard. The price ($20) is about normal for lunch and its location on the top floor of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center is pleasant: shaded by a garden on the beach side and the busy main street on the other. It's not a large place, so it was reasonably quiet for a buffet restaurant.
Because it seemed like a popular spot, we scheduled to meet right at opening time. I had stopped earlier to make a reservation, just in case; so when we entered, I was a bit disconcerted when they had no record of it in their registry. I noticed then that the paper with my name and number of guests was lying on the side, evidently unrecorded. We were taken
to a table....and left there. Nobody came to attend to us or take our drink order.
Food is served on small platters and trays, so dishes have to be constantly replenished, not a big deal; but with only one person assigned to this task, waiting around became the norm as the number of hungry clientel increased and food quickly disappeared off the trays. I noticed two remedies taken, probably by 'regulars': pile your plate high with your favorites and/or fill up two plates. The drawback is that your food will be cold by the time you get to it (and it is also wasteful.)

There is validated parking, but one has to be sure to park in the right structure since there is also an adjoining one for the adjacent hotel. Park in the wrong place and your parking could cost as much as your lunch.