“Great surfing lessons. Wish the cd was cheaper.”

Aloha Beach Services
Indy
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Great surfing lessons. Wish the cd was cheaper.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Go early to avoid waiting. We didn't get here early and waited a bit. Prices very reasonable for the lessons. Instructor 'Lumpy' was great. Kids and hubby all got up [I took pictures]. Would have loved to buy the CD with the go pro videos but too much [$80] so that was a bummer. But overall a great experience.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank TnTWalter

Sydney
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“1 more ticked off the bucket list thank you thank you”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Thank you soooo much Josh. I never thought I would learn how to get up on a surfboard and you were the reason. I booked an hours surfing lesson and got Josh as an instructor. Very patient and instructions were great. Took me about 4 goes and I was standing up. 1 on 1 instruction cost me $80 for the hour and it was worth every cent. I was with a larger group and after my lesson we all booked an outrigger canoe ride which was also a great experience. Photos are taken of all activities for people to purchase. A really good set up

Visited May 2014
3 Thank dittsta
Tokyo, Japan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best people to see if you want to enjoy Waikiki”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A great bunch of friendly, helpful and professional people offering great deals on a
variety of water connected activities. The lady at the counter was very friendly and
chatty and certainly answered any question we had very quickly and clearly and
helped us with anything we asked her that we wanted to do, which was a great
first impression of her and Aloha Beach Services in general. The men that we went
out in the canoe with were great and made us all laugh and feel very relaxed and
confident in them. It cost us $15 each and we were guaranteed to be able to ride
3 waves in, which was the BEST price on Waikiki beach without a doubt and we
had such a great experience the first time we went out in the canoe that we did it
again one or two days later!. It was an amazing and very unique experience and
my wife and I are very happy that we did it and it was definitely one of the high points
of our time in Honolulu. They also offer a video service, where one of their team
surfs beside your canoe when you're riding the waves in filming it. You can get
a CD of you riding the waves in for $40, which may sound a bit expensive to some
people, but I think it is well worth getting and the quality of the video clips are amazing.
I would certainly recommend anyone that wants to surf the waves in a canoe, learn
to surf or paddle-board or any type of water based activity to definitely go and see
the staff at Aloha Beach Services and they are sure to give you the best deal and
the best experience that you could possibly ever get !. Many thanks to the whole
team at Aloha Beach Services for everything that you did for my wife and I and for
giving us some truly amazing and unforgettable experiences !
Bea

Visited May 2014
2 Thank my w
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Well Worth It!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I wanted our two daughters to take surfing lessons when we were in Hawaii. Our hope was that they would be able to successfully stand up on the board and ride the waves at the end of their lesson. Not only were they able to do this, but in a few short minutes (three tries) they were surfing successfully. Their instructor Lumpy did a great job. The girls had such a good time that we went back another day and had similar outstanding results. Their instructor Buddy did a great job as well.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Timothy A
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Not much Aloha”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Can't comment on their services, because basically the gentleman who was on the counter was so disinterested in answering my questions about what they had on offer. I was looking to book an outrigger canoe ride (for starters) and I did get him to muster enough information to say they weren't doing any more that day because the conditions weren't favourable for it. I accepted that but quite surprised about half an hour later when I saw them have one go out. Aside from that he fobbed me off even more when he asked where I was staying, and then left me mid sentence to serve someone else, So, if you're over 40 and/or not staying at the Moana Surfrider, look elsewhere for beach services.

Visited March 2014