“Loved this, once tasted had to keep going backl”
Review of Ono Seafood

Ono Seafood
Ranked #5 of 2,438 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I could have gone here everyday and eaten all of the options. Took advice from lovely TA ers and went w' the tako and ahi bowl. Also, can buy it by the lb and took some back to my frig but I just wanted to eat it asap so it didn't last long as it's so delish. I found the one w' soy sauce a bit salty and too over powering for my taste.

I just sat outside to eat. Caught the 13 bus.

1  Thank sweetiedarling1

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Poke, poke, poke!!!! I'd never had it before visiting here. I was apprehensive at first, BUT IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. I brought an order to my brother, who doesn't actually like poke, but he became a fan after trying Ono Hawaiian Seafood. After returning to the mainland, I haven't had good poke since....

1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place probably had the best Poke in town. It was marinated just right and not too salty. Some of the other places we've tried have just too much soy sauce in it. Now, their menu is not extensive and they're really just a hole in the wall. They only serve Poke...mainly ahi and octopus. The have four different flavors, Shoyu, Hawaiian, Miso, and Spicy. My favorite was the Hawaiian but a lot of people swear by the Spicy but it had a little too much mayo for me. They also have some refrigerated items like dried ahi poke. Other than that, that's the extent of their menu. But because the Poke is so good...it's definitely worth the visit if that's up your alley. They only have seating on the outside so try to get there early so you can get a seat. Also, the value can't be beat. For $7 you can get a lot of poke.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Ono Seafood in Honolulu served the best lunch I've ever eaten. I am a big fan of sushi, and Ono's poke is like sushi but ten times better. The first thing I thought the next morning when I woke up after eating at Ono Seafood was that I wanted to go back for lunch again. I try to never eat the same place twice on vacation! The miso poke and wasabi poke were both awesome. So fresh, so amazing. We had poke in other restaurants, and I probably wouldn't have even liked it if I had not tried it at Ono. Some poke is bland or tough from other restaurants. Not Ono's! It's a very small shop with only a couple of outdoor tables, but don't let that deter you. It's a little hard to find because it is so small. Very worth finding! Yummy!

1  Thank Marisolmelanie
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Wasabi Ahi is the best in my opinion--great value, amazingly fresh and delicious, you will not be disappointed by the small, hole-in-the-wall / mom-and-pop style shop.

Enjoy the mix of white & green onions with sesame oil, onion, and fresh sliced ahi--everything is fresh and crisp veggie wise, and the ahi is so tender and butter-like, that you will return as much as possible while vacationing.

The phone number is: (808) 732-4806