“Great experiance with Elliott of Epic Hawaii” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations - CLOSED

Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experiance with Elliott of Epic Hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Rather than planning a kayaking trip ahead of time, we waited until the last minute (same day) and called Epic Hawaii. Elliott was so very accomodating and helpful. He arranged for us to kayak that same day, and was waiting for us when we arrived. He went out of his way to be sure the we had a good time and took us out to a great snorkel spot, and then showed us to a spot where sea turtles are often found. Such kindness is not always the norm in this world, but I would highly recommend Epic Hawaii if you find yourself on Oahu.

3 Thank Tracy G
EpicHawaii, Owner at Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Mahalo Tracy!
Thanks so much for the review! Yes, on special occasion I can take last minute requests for tours, and I am always all the more eager for people who haven't seen anything of Hawaii except for Waikiki and Pearl Harbor... (AKA, not really Hawaii) I could tell you were itching to see the real side of things and was happy to accommodate :) I dont think i complemented you enough on your paddling but you had a great form and your strength against that wind was honestly amazing! So please keep up the sport when home, its a great way to stay connected to nature :) I look forward to meeting you again sometime :) Elliott Robinson

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An EPIC-made vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We signed up for two tours with Elliot (Epic Hawaii); the North Shore snorkel tour and the Sea Kayak tour on the West side. These two tours (during our 5 day stay on Oahu), made our trip. Elliot's tours are so different than the cheesy group tours you usually take. He knows the island so well, is environmental and respectful of the Ocean. We absolutely fell in love with the kayak tour, as we were able to swim very close to two different species of dolphins (spinner and white sided). Elliot knows all the amazing places to eat (not the tourist trap areas), and will give you a very easy going and Epic adventure. It felt like travelling with your friends! The best part is, the tour size is so small, so it can be tailored to your skills and strengths. We highly recommend the snorkel/sea kayak day tour!! Thanks Elliot, Tara and Jackie - you guys rock!

Visited April 2014
Right on Laura! I cant say anything in this response that would be more than the good times we shared with you and Jason :) You guys are just the reason I do what I do. I like to stay outside, be good to the planet, have adventures, and meet cool people in the process, and you guys were right their with me every step of the way :) Thanks for the review and I did hear you make some promise about Orcas during my next visit to Vancouver, and I did make good on the dolphin promise, so don't let that good luck run out!!! :) Thanks again :) Elliott
Oahu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kindness Matter when you're traveling to another place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I are in Hawaii for our honeymoon and this trip to Hawaii was not supposed to happen because of our wedding budget. However, we received a generous gift from my little sister and her husband to stay at their time share resort and the rest of the trip was on us. As a teacher and former social worker, I became very resourceful and looked for deals while not scarifying on quality because this is our once-in-a-lifetime adventure. We got extremely LUCKY to somehow connect with a wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide, Elliott Robinson. Although he was completely booked up and would not take our money, he still made himself available to answer questions via text messages, phone calls, and emails. WOW!!! He poured out so many valuable resources and information to help us plan an amazing adventure. We skipped the typical, overcrowded places and begged for an adventure and Elliot gave us just that! He advised us on the best places to snorkel, swim, eat, kayak, and just simply to enjoy the moonlight and sunset as any locals would....As a conservationist, I am always so mindful of the carbon footprints we leave behind for others (animals, plants, and humans) to have to deal with. Elliot even took the time to education us on how to be respectful to the island, animals, plants, and to this hard working class community. From two love birds from New Orleans, beaucoup mahalos!

1 Thank NOLALovebirds
AWESOME! So glad I was able to help make your stay in Hawaii more fun and adventurous! There are so many things Hawaii has to offer that are completely free, fun, and safe :) For many years tour providers could capitalize on the special knowledge of the area, but now with the internet things are free for everyone to enjoy at their leisure! And we love to help people find those activities and places free of charge, all you have to do is call or text! So thank you so much for helping to inform future visitors about one aspect of our organization and hopefully we will see you on your next trip to Hawaii! - Elliott Robinson
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

As a typical young female, the last thing I wanted to do on vacation was be active. All I wanted to do was lay on the beach, so I honestly wasn't very excited for this tour and had low expectations. Within the first fifteen minutes of the trip, I already knew I was going to love it! There wasn't a second of it I would've taken back. We were able to hit up so many places and hidden spots. Elliot did not make us feel rushed at all, he was willing to make any stop we requested. We got to see so much of Hawaii in so little time; I feel like all of that could not be done with any other tour group. Epic Hawaii does tours in small groups, so you can expect your day to be tailored and customized specifically for your group. Elliot really adds to the experience as he is very educated and enthusiastic about every aspect of Hawaii. There wasn't a single question he couldn't answer. The best part of it all was the laid back vibes the whole day, you don't feel like you are spending the day with an impersonal tour guide. Elliot is great in the sense that he made it feel as if we were just hanging out; I was travelling with my best friend's family and he got along with both the adults and the young adults. Safe to say, the next time I'm in Hawaii, I will definitely be using Epic Hawaii Tours again and would ABSOLUTELY recommend it to anyone travelling to Waikiki!

Visited January 2014
Right on Jordan! Thanks so much for the review and thanks for coming out. You guys were super cool, and I hope you come back again sometime. Maybe next time we can kick it on some surf days!
- Elliott :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EPIC Hawaii was the Best Part of our Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have been home now for nearly two weeks, and our kids are still talking about Elliot and the EPIC adventure he took us on. I have had a hard time writing this review simply because, how can you put into words the look on your son's face when he sees a whale for the first time? How to accurately describe the rush of crossing the top of a waterfall, the songs of native birds trying to compete with the deafening sound that water makes as its escaping a rock? The magic of Oahu and the the Aloha Spirit is palpable every place that Elliot took us. From the windy side of the island where whales and sea turtles are common, to the temples along Makapuu Point. I don't want to spoil your trip by listing all of the amazing things we saw and experienced, but I will let you in on a little secret. Call up EPIC Hawaii and tell them about yourself before you book your tour. Elliot will taylor the adventure to your personal lifestyle. I know this because I happened to mention that my son is a budding bird-nerd and my husband is a surfer. Elliot made sure to point out every bird along the way (he knows his stuff) while simultaneously showing my husband the best surf breaks.
After our tour, I asked my kids about their favorite part. My niece, who was still muddy from an EPIC barefoot hike said, "Everything!" My son, who had at this point gone completely feral, answered, "Just hanging out with Elliot."
Mahalo Hawaii for being so gracious to us on our vacation. Mahalo EPIC Hawaii for giving us an adventure of a lifetime. ~The Johnson's

Visited March 2014
EpicHawaii, Owner at Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Uhhhh, How can one respond to such an awesome review? I wont rattle off on the things we saw, or the knowledges shared, Ill simply say you guys are truly blessed to have such an awesome family.
I got into doing tours to live a life of nothing but sharing and experiencing good times and aloha with people from all over the world, and as you guys know, my day with you all was nothing but that. And as I'm sure you guys were elated to see all the new spots around Hawaii, I was beyond stoked to have a day that made me feel like my decision to go into the tourism business was a rewarding one, that showered me with gifts far beyond the value of money. So thank you guys so much for allowing me the time with you, and thank you to the island's for allowing us to meet!
I look forward to seeing you guys again in hopefully the near future.
Not only is my heart happy to see this review posted today, but tomorrow is my birthday! So this feels as if some cosmic forces have aligned to say that as I enter my second year of tours in Hawaii the path I have chosen has been one of good time, good people, blessings, and aloha :) Thank you so much Johnsons! And I look forward to seeing you all again :)