“Want to see the "real" Hawaii??”

Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am a local girl here on Oahu and have explored many of the island's beautiful locations. EPIC is exactly the word that I would use for the kayak tour that we went on. During our tour, we saw fish, turtles, whales spouting, and pods of wild dolphins!!!! AMAZING! Elliot knew exactly where to take us out so that we were able to swim up close and personal with them dolphins...and what to do so that we were still respectful and didn't scare them away like many of the larger tour groups do. As someone who was born and raised here, I completely support EPIC b/c it's definitely the real deal...all of the tour locations are gorgeous places that I would go to in a heartbeat. It was such an amazing tour experience that I'm recommending to even my local friends! Elliot really knows how to share the best of Hawaii while still being "pono." Mahalo!!!!!

2  Thank TaraHI

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I scheduled two tours with Epic about a week prior to our trip to Oahu (North Shore snorkeling and the historic waterfall hike). We were drawn in by the excellent reviews we had seen on TripAdvisor which couldn't have been more accurate! Elliot was the most amazing guide ever--he blew us away with his knowledge of the island and it's gorgeous hidden spots (and was also the funnest dude to spend two days with!!).

The snorkeling was top notch; it was a beautiful day and Elliot showed us everything we needed to know and made us feel so comfortable. He also drove us to some really incredible places on the North Shore: an amazing farmer's market, a spot with some of the best coffee and Hawaiian shaved ices on the island, and even took us to an insanely delicious roadside rotisserie chicken spot! Eating that chicken back at our hotel room after a full day of snorkeling was just divine!!!

After that adventure, we were absolutely thrilled for the waterfall hike two days later. My boyfriend had never hiked before in his life and Elliot made sure to show him the best time imaginable. He completely tailor-made our hike for us to ensure that we got the most out of it... and we did!!!! We cannot thank Elliot enough for making that one of the most memorable and enchanting days of our trip, and our lives! We ended this magical day at a traditional Korean restaurant that he showed us which absolutely put to shame everything else we'd eaten on our trip thus far!

I wholeheartedly believe that every single one of Epic Hawaii's tours would be just as fantastic as the ones we were lucky enough to experience! Do yourself a favor and book AT LEAST one tour with these guys on your next trip to Oahu and you will be guaranteed to have the time of your life!!

2  Thank Adrienne N
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Rather than planning a kayaking trip ahead of time, we waited until the last minute (same day) and called Epic Hawaii. Elliott was so very accomodating and helpful. He arranged for us to kayak that same day, and was waiting for us when we arrived. He went out of his way to be sure the we had a good time and took us out to a great snorkel spot, and then showed us to a spot where sea turtles are often found. Such kindness is not always the norm in this world, but I would highly recommend Epic Hawaii if you find yourself on Oahu.

3  Thank 100tracyg
EpicHawaii, Owner at Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Mahalo Tracy!
Thanks so much for the review! Yes, on special occasion I can take last minute requests for tours, and I am always all the more eager for people who haven't seen anything of Hawaii except for Waikiki and Pearl Harbor... (AKA, not really Hawaii) I could tell you were itching to see the real side of things and was happy to accommodate :) I dont think i complemented you enough on your paddling but you had a great form and your strength against that wind was honestly amazing! So please keep up the sport when home, its a great way to stay connected to nature :) I look forward to meeting you again sometime :) Elliott Robinson

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We signed up for two tours with Elliot (Epic Hawaii); the North Shore snorkel tour and the Sea Kayak tour on the West side. These two tours (during our 5 day stay on Oahu), made our trip. Elliot's tours are so different than the cheesy group tours you usually take. He knows the island so well, is environmental and respectful of the Ocean. We absolutely fell in love with the kayak tour, as we were able to swim very close to two different species of dolphins (spinner and white sided). Elliot knows all the amazing places to eat (not the tourist trap areas), and will give you a very easy going and Epic adventure. It felt like travelling with your friends! The best part is, the tour size is so small, so it can be tailored to your skills and strengths. We highly recommend the snorkel/sea kayak day tour!! Thanks Elliot, Tara and Jackie - you guys rock!

Right on Laura! I cant say anything in this response that would be more than the good times we shared with you and Jason :) You guys are just the reason I do what I do. I like to stay outside, be good to the planet, have adventures, and meet cool people in the process, and you guys were right their with me every step of the way :) Thanks for the review and I did hear you make some promise about Orcas during my next visit to Vancouver, and I did make good on the dolphin promise, so don't let that good luck run out!!! :) Thanks again :) Elliott

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I are in Hawaii for our honeymoon and this trip to Hawaii was not supposed to happen because of our wedding budget. However, we received a generous gift from my little sister and her husband to stay at their time share resort and the rest of the trip was on us. As a teacher and former social worker, I became very resourceful and looked for deals while not scarifying on quality because this is our once-in-a-lifetime adventure. We got extremely LUCKY to somehow connect with a wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide, Elliott Robinson. Although he was completely booked up and would not take our money, he still made himself available to answer questions via text messages, phone calls, and emails. WOW!!! He poured out so many valuable resources and information to help us plan an amazing adventure. We skipped the typical, overcrowded places and begged for an adventure and Elliot gave us just that! He advised us on the best places to snorkel, swim, eat, kayak, and just simply to enjoy the moonlight and sunset as any locals would....As a conservationist, I am always so mindful of the carbon footprints we leave behind for others (animals, plants, and humans) to have to deal with. Elliot even took the time to education us on how to be respectful to the island, animals, plants, and to this hard working class community. From two love birds from New Orleans, beaucoup mahalos!

1  Thank NOLALovebirds

AWESOME! So glad I was able to help make your stay in Hawaii more fun and adventurous! There are so many things Hawaii has to offer that are completely free, fun, and safe :) For many years tour providers could capitalize on the special knowledge of the area, but now with the internet things are free for everyone to enjoy at their leisure! And we love to help people find those activities and places free of charge, all you have to do is call or text! So thank you so much for helping to inform future visitors about one aspect of our organization and hopefully we will see you on your next trip to Hawaii! - Elliott Robinson