“Epic Hawaii is the best tour guide on Oahu”

Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I took 2 tours with Epic Hawaii and they were both EPIC! I would recommend either a snorkel trip to waterfall hike with Epic to anyone that visits Oahu!

2  Thank Gary K
There are newer reviews for Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can't say enough about our private waterfalls tour with Elliot. My husband and I are young active people and were looking for a tour where we wouldn't be held back by a group or those less active. Epic Hawaii was exactly what we were looking for! I'm so glad I spent time doing extra research beyond the brochures available in the hotels for the big commercial tour companies. The other reviews on here are spot on. Within the first 5 minutes Elliot had already given us tons of recommendations on what else to do on Oahu during the rest of our stay. We visited 3 falls each of different lengths, terrain but all awesomely unique! If you're looking for a tour that's more like spending the day with a friend in the outdoors and less focused on stupid tourist facts that likely aren't true and you aren't afraid to get a little wet and muddy Epic Hawaii is where it's at! If you have the money for a private tour go for it so you can get exactly the experience you want. We had such a great time we booked a snorkeling tour for later in the week before wrapping up our day.

2  Thank KarenK2012
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am a local girl here on Oahu and have explored many of the island's beautiful locations. EPIC is exactly the word that I would use for the kayak tour that we went on. During our tour, we saw fish, turtles, whales spouting, and pods of wild dolphins!!!! AMAZING! Elliot knew exactly where to take us out so that we were able to swim up close and personal with them dolphins...and what to do so that we were still respectful and didn't scare them away like many of the larger tour groups do. As someone who was born and raised here, I completely support EPIC b/c it's definitely the real deal...all of the tour locations are gorgeous places that I would go to in a heartbeat. It was such an amazing tour experience that I'm recommending to even my local friends! Elliot really knows how to share the best of Hawaii while still being "pono." Mahalo!!!!!

2  Thank TaraHI
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I scheduled two tours with Epic about a week prior to our trip to Oahu (North Shore snorkeling and the historic waterfall hike). We were drawn in by the excellent reviews we had seen on TripAdvisor which couldn't have been more accurate! Elliot was the most amazing guide ever--he blew us away with his knowledge of the island and it's gorgeous hidden spots (and was also the funnest dude to spend two days with!!).

The snorkeling was top notch; it was a beautiful day and Elliot showed us everything we needed to know and made us feel so comfortable. He also drove us to some really incredible places on the North Shore: an amazing farmer's market, a spot with some of the best coffee and Hawaiian shaved ices on the island, and even took us to an insanely delicious roadside rotisserie chicken spot! Eating that chicken back at our hotel room after a full day of snorkeling was just divine!!!

After that adventure, we were absolutely thrilled for the waterfall hike two days later. My boyfriend had never hiked before in his life and Elliot made sure to show him the best time imaginable. He completely tailor-made our hike for us to ensure that we got the most out of it... and we did!!!! We cannot thank Elliot enough for making that one of the most memorable and enchanting days of our trip, and our lives! We ended this magical day at a traditional Korean restaurant that he showed us which absolutely put to shame everything else we'd eaten on our trip thus far!

I wholeheartedly believe that every single one of Epic Hawaii's tours would be just as fantastic as the ones we were lucky enough to experience! Do yourself a favor and book AT LEAST one tour with these guys on your next trip to Oahu and you will be guaranteed to have the time of your life!!

2  Thank Adrienne N
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Rather than planning a kayaking trip ahead of time, we waited until the last minute (same day) and called Epic Hawaii. Elliott was so very accomodating and helpful. He arranged for us to kayak that same day, and was waiting for us when we arrived. He went out of his way to be sure the we had a good time and took us out to a great snorkel spot, and then showed us to a spot where sea turtles are often found. Such kindness is not always the norm in this world, but I would highly recommend Epic Hawaii if you find yourself on Oahu.

3  Thank 100tracyg
EpicHawaii, Owner at Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Mahalo Tracy!
Thanks so much for the review! Yes, on special occasion I can take last minute requests for tours, and I am always all the more eager for people who haven't seen anything of Hawaii except for Waikiki and Pearl Harbor... (AKA, not really Hawaii) I could tell you were itching to see the real side of things and was happy to accommodate :) I dont think i complemented you enough on your paddling but you had a great form and your strength against that wind was honestly amazing! So please keep up the sport when home, its a great way to stay connected to nature :) I look forward to meeting you again sometime :) Elliott Robinson