“Brilliant tour of REAL Hawaii”

Epic Hawaii Educational Explorations
More attraction details
Owner description: snorkeling, waterfall hiking. Our company brings the pride and spirit of Aloha to all of our tours, cultural history, and ecology lessons.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I had our second visit to Hawaii in June 2014. We booked the hidden waterfalls hike and some snorkelling. Booking was a breeze and involved just a few emails.

We were picked up on the morning by our tour guide Elliot. He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He will be accommodative and will explain the flora and fauna of the island as well taking you on the hikes. However if you just want to get on with the tour and take photos etc he will do this as well.

The hidden waterfalls hike was plenty of fun, however you will get your shoes muddy and your feet wet. We even had the opportunity to stand at the top of a waterfall and look down at the 200 foot drop! Elliot also gave us the chance to make detours to archaeological sites and places to take photos.

We did snorkelling on a separate day, all equipment was provided and worked well. We had up to 90 minutes to snorkel. We then stopped off at a fruit stand and a farmers market which had great coffee and shave ice.

If you want to avoid the tourist traps and see the real Hawaii that the locals experience then Epic Hawaii is perfect.

Mark and Wanda

2  Thank hanovercigars

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I took 2 tours with Epic Hawaii and they were both EPIC! I would recommend either a snorkel trip to waterfall hike with Epic to anyone that visits Oahu!

2  Thank Gary K
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I can't say enough about our private waterfalls tour with Elliot. My husband and I are young active people and were looking for a tour where we wouldn't be held back by a group or those less active. Epic Hawaii was exactly what we were looking for! I'm so glad I spent time doing extra research beyond the brochures available in the hotels for the big commercial tour companies. The other reviews on here are spot on. Within the first 5 minutes Elliot had already given us tons of recommendations on what else to do on Oahu during the rest of our stay. We visited 3 falls each of different lengths, terrain but all awesomely unique! If you're looking for a tour that's more like spending the day with a friend in the outdoors and less focused on stupid tourist facts that likely aren't true and you aren't afraid to get a little wet and muddy Epic Hawaii is where it's at! If you have the money for a private tour go for it so you can get exactly the experience you want. We had such a great time we booked a snorkeling tour for later in the week before wrapping up our day.

2  Thank KarenK2012
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I am a local girl here on Oahu and have explored many of the island's beautiful locations. EPIC is exactly the word that I would use for the kayak tour that we went on. During our tour, we saw fish, turtles, whales spouting, and pods of wild dolphins!!!! AMAZING! Elliot knew exactly where to take us out so that we were able to swim up close and personal with them dolphins...and what to do so that we were still respectful and didn't scare them away like many of the larger tour groups do. As someone who was born and raised here, I completely support EPIC b/c it's definitely the real deal...all of the tour locations are gorgeous places that I would go to in a heartbeat. It was such an amazing tour experience that I'm recommending to even my local friends! Elliot really knows how to share the best of Hawaii while still being "pono." Mahalo!!!!!

2  Thank TaraHI
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My boyfriend and I scheduled two tours with Epic about a week prior to our trip to Oahu (North Shore snorkeling and the historic waterfall hike). We were drawn in by the excellent reviews we had seen on TripAdvisor which couldn't have been more accurate! Elliot was the most amazing guide ever--he blew us away with his knowledge of the island and it's gorgeous hidden spots (and was also the funnest dude to spend two days with!!).

The snorkeling was top notch; it was a beautiful day and Elliot showed us everything we needed to know and made us feel so comfortable. He also drove us to some really incredible places on the North Shore: an amazing farmer's market, a spot with some of the best coffee and Hawaiian shaved ices on the island, and even took us to an insanely delicious roadside rotisserie chicken spot! Eating that chicken back at our hotel room after a full day of snorkeling was just divine!!!

After that adventure, we were absolutely thrilled for the waterfall hike two days later. My boyfriend had never hiked before in his life and Elliot made sure to show him the best time imaginable. He completely tailor-made our hike for us to ensure that we got the most out of it... and we did!!!! We cannot thank Elliot enough for making that one of the most memorable and enchanting days of our trip, and our lives! We ended this magical day at a traditional Korean restaurant that he showed us which absolutely put to shame everything else we'd eaten on our trip thus far!

I wholeheartedly believe that every single one of Epic Hawaii's tours would be just as fantastic as the ones we were lucky enough to experience! Do yourself a favor and book AT LEAST one tour with these guys on your next trip to Oahu and you will be guaranteed to have the time of your life!!

2  Thank Adrienne N