Message from TripAdvisor:

“Reasonably priced --- for a good reason”

Marina Tower Waikiki
Ranked #84 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
San Francisco, California
“Reasonably priced --- for a good reason”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I can only speak to my experience with the facility as a whole and not as a hotel room, since I rented a condo unit within the building that is privately owned.

Pros: this place is in a great location that's within walking distance of Waikiki and the Ala Moana shopping center. For rooms on the south side of the building, there is an almost-great view of the ocean that's blocked by a few high-rises. The swimming pool is very small, but it's well-maintained.

Cons: based on my discussion with other guests who did have a hotel room there, I know that their room layout was the same as ours. The window-mounted A/C unit was extremely noisy and failed to regulate the room temp well. I spent every night alternating between turning on the A/C or opening the window. The room is also very oddly shaped with a ledge about 3' from the ground that juts into the room and eliminates about 30 square feet of usable space. The 2 elevators are agonizingly slow. The fact that they have absolutely no ventilation coupled with glass walls which are fully exposed to the sun most of the day make the slow ride tortuous.

In this case, you really get what you pay for. Location: 10, comfort: 3. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank monster00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

When I checked in the front desk was very courteous. Kudos to him. The room was upgraded to a ocean view with two beds. When I got in the room the beds were the size of my kids bunk beds, and the counter had a dead German roach on it. (Bad entry). I then killed two more as they made breaks for my fruit I bought later that day. The next day I found one more in the bathroom, and squashed him promptly. Third day in and I wake up with one in the bed with me! I ask the front desk what is the policy on checking out and just paying for my night's there, but I booked through agoda, and if I checked out early they would bill me for one more night on my card. Not cool man. Lesson learned, don't book through agora and sometimes a deal means you have to "deal" with it... Bad maneuver.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank mrdavemann

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked a room at the equuis hotel and I needed to change rooms to one that would be quiter then the one I was in.
I asked the hotel staff could they honor my request and they did with no issues and I was very pleased, The staff is ALWAYS nice and helpful everytime I have stayed.
I would HIGHLY recomend the hotel to my friends, It has an excellent location and if you request a room with an ocean view they delivered 110% I stayed in room 3701 all I can say is WOW! and thank you.
So if you want a stress free hotel experience I would recomend you try this Hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A great view from the room at a more accessible price. We were nicely welcomed with the traditional shells lei and with nice pineapple in the room.
The elevators offer a spectacular view when going up to your room. The beach is really 5 min to walk.
Unfortunately during the night I saw some bugs coming out from the kitchenette which is not really nice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnaMaria B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a funny hotel, it's part of a complex of 3, so you enter via Equus, which was confusing to start with. I booked through Agoda, they had difficulty finding the reservation.
The bus boy was excellent and very friendly, stored our luggage while we waited for check in, nothing was too much trouble for him.
My friend's room looks like it was renovated recently, mine wasn't.
Neither of us had hair dryers, so had to request - just a nuisance really.
We both had partial views of the beach - they were great views on the 36th floor. And the other good thing is only 4 rooms per floor so no outside noise.
Inside noise from the air con however, was atrocious.
Bed very soft, if you like that...
But very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissT603
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ok I recently rented one of the unit on this building and so happy that I moved out after my first month after convincing my owner that this location doesn't fit my needs. Don't get me wrong, the location is great. Other than that,this building is a Chaos.. First is the Elevator,it's been broken for like 2 weeks or so and same as the garage. I was late for work on my first day after I moved here due to only one slow elevator working. Second is the garage door broken and your car is not safe at all. Third is when your trying to get a hold of the manager he doesn't know how to answer the phone and not in the property most of the time. Yes I did tried multiple times to go downstairs and talk to him but he's not there. Lights are on but no manager. Fourth is, it's seems like they charge everything here, me and my coworkers would like to BBQ and use the pool but for some reasons the Manager will charge you to use the buildings BBQ grill? It seems like he's trying to make some Nickel and Dimes on the side..This is the first time I heard of this..I thought that's free if your renting here. I don't wanna sound cheap but damn.. Oh and the swimming pool looks like its never been cleaned at all..The water looks really dirty. If your trying to find a place to stay in Hawaii. I will highly NOT recommend this Waikiki Marina Hotel. I definitely regret staying here.. Sorry for the bad review but I'm just speaking the truth.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The view from our room on the 38th floor was amazing! Room was very clean with an updated kitchenette. The staff is amazing and treat you like part of their Ohana. Location is great with many places to eat within walking distance. Mahalo Nui Loa to Jacquie and the staff!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple