“Good value”

The Beach Waikiki Boutique Hostel
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Good value”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This was a good value for the money we spent. It was close to the beach and restaurants. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The rooms were pretty basic, but to be expected for the location and price.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Forest HIlls, NY
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I just wanted to say what a fantastic time I had recently staying at the Waikiki Backpackers Hostel. The staff was fantastic, the accomodations were well-located and clean, and the meals were just enough to start the day. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to any hosteler looking for a great value and a supurb hosteling experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MyNameForestHills_NY
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious enough. Fellow occupants during our stay were respectful. Breakfast is weak (toast, butter, jam, and 1 yogurt), but you can't have it all, I suppose.

Great location on the eastern end of Waikiki beach-- essentially right on the main beach and tourist drag. That said, we appreciated being able to easily access life outside of Waikiki, as the Diamond's Head attraction was only a ~3 mi away.

I'd stay here again. The price is right for downtown Honolulu. You stay in HI for the outdoors and the beach, so I'd recommend skimping on loding costs and just crashing here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank William N
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Well located, two blocks from Waikiki beach. I booked a private double room (room 4). It had a wood carpet, king size bed, big LCD TV, fridge, microwave, air conditioner, fan, private bathroom and closed. Internet wifi signal was not working in my bedroom (low signal), but at the kitchen and office, it worked fine (good speed).
The cold water pressure in the shower was low, but enough, not a problem. In front of my room there were two chairs, a table and a deck chair.
Common kitchen was well equipped, with toaster, fridge, microwave and oven. Breakfast included 4 pieces of bread, coffee, butter, jam and one yogurt (one of the days I was there, there were 2 eggs for each person).
Everything was clean. Bedroom windows have bug protection.
They cold just put an advertisement in front of the building, in order to make it more visible.
Staff was always ready to help, and they gave me several hints for my trip.
Some days I've heard some noise during the night, about people arriving, but nothing that would bother my sleep. Nice place, nice price, nice staff... I recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 689DanielC
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I Love this hostel. Staff was really nice and helpfull. The rooms were really clean and the location was soooo good :) If I ever go to Honolulu I´ll stay at this hostel again. I will recommend this place. Really cheap. And the people there! So nice people all over the world! I had a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonna L
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This hostel is very nice and centrally located. I think it's a much more low key hostel where one can get a good sleep instead of sleepless night due to noise. I am very pleased with my stay and I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The top real hostel experience! The location is perfect to everything (including the beach), great rooms, Jessie the head guy who works during the day went out of his way to help me with advice and book other places for my further trips (above and beyond). I had the greatest time on my travels here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo