“Execellent SUP lessons, store and boards”
Review of Blue Planet Surf

Blue Planet Surf
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Stand Up Paddle lessons, clinics, coaching, downwinders with Blue Planet Surf Shop, Hawaii's SUP HQ. Our shop has the largest premium SUP rental fleet in the state, so there are always many quality performance boards in all shapes and sizes to choose from. We also have a huge selection of board, paddles and accessories. Let us help you have more fun on the water!Robert Stehlik, the owner of the business, is the head instructor and SUP coach and will customize the session to your needs. Avoid learning bad habits and take months off your learning curve with our proven coaching methods. We will get beginners up and riding quickly by using the right equipment and easy to follow instructions. Fast learners will progress quickly and develop an efficient stroke and paddle techniques that can take months to learn without instruction. We also offer coaching for advanced paddlers: downwind coaching, racing technique, and private surf guide service taking you to the best, uncrowded spots of the island on an adventure you will never forget. For more information on our lessons, downwinder coaching, surf guide service, weekly coaching and time trials for advanced paddlers, and free SUP clinics for board buyers.
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Execellent SUP lessons, store and boards”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I live in Stockholm Sweden and have noticed the more and more stand up paddlers in the archipelago over the last 2 years. I have always wanted to give it a shot but did not find the time until on my vacation to Oahu.

I was fortunate enough to find Blue Planet and Robert Stehlik who was very accommodating and took me out for a private SUP lesson.

Robert is a great instructor and helped me pick-up the basics very quickly. Robert focused on the details that made all the difference allowing me to paddle energy efficiently, straight as well as balanced. Don´t think I could have asked for more are a first time paddler.

The close proximity of the Blue Planet surf shop to a great surf protected beach (Ala Moana) was an added bonus.

Robert also let me test several boards in order to get a feel for how there are different boards for different conditions and riding styles. Blue planet has a great range of beautiful boards for all types of ridding which Robert has design based on his many years as a SUP instructor and competitor.

I want to thank Robert for the great lesson and the very friendly and helpful staff at Blue Planet surf shop. I learned a LOT in a very short time.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank HansZe

Como, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great shop and lessons”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I contacted Robert before I arrived in Honolulu from Italy to reserve a special sup board, no need for a standard rental. The staff was friendly and helpfull, great prices, perhaps the best of Honolulu.
I highly recommend it and we'll be back for sure.
Thank you again.

Visited November 2013
Bakersfield, California
“Getting a new SUP”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The staff at Blue planet is AWESOME! I rented a few boards over the summer. I was only in Oahu for a week, I arraigned to have my boards delivered to my hotel the day I arrived. I couldn't believe how nice the boards were. They looked brand new.

They have a great deal that if you buy a board after you rent it they will apply up to $250 towards a new board. I jumped on that deal and bought one.

I also rented a board rack at Nalu storage. The guys at Blue planet set my board up and delivered it to my rack. It was there when I came back.

I couldn't ask for any better service than what they gave me. Robert & Adam did an AWESOME job!

Visited August 2013
Oakland, California
“SUP lessons”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Robert was a great SUP teacher. I took 2 private lessons from him. He gave me a lot of pointers on my stroke and even showed me the basics of SUP surfing. I will definitely take lessons from him again, if I'm in Waikiki. The rental process was also great. Very convenient to Ala Moana park.

Visited September 2013
SF Bay Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Blue Planet, and especially Robert, were excellent in providing an introduction to paddle boarding. Robert brought all of the equipment to us and was able to get even the least coordinated in our group up and going in a hurry. He provided helpful tips, tricks and corrections with just the right amount of supervision. I will use them again the next time I am taking a lesson or testing out boards.

Visited August 2013