“So glad I chose Vive!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Torrance, California, United States
“So glad I chose Vive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Excellent location, walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go.Plus the bus stop is right out front. The staff is awesome. They provided a great map of the area, bus information, and great recommendations on what to do and where to eat/drink. The continental breakfast is delicious and the yummy kona coffee is available all day. The hotel is chic and very clean. My room was a little smalller than I expected, but it was fine. The decor is great, bed is very comfy, and the room was very clean!

My only suggestion would be to add ceiling fans in the rooms. The weather was not too warm during my stay so the small ac was enough to cool the room, but a ceiling fan would really help circulate the air and keep the room cooler in warmer months. Especially since the bathroom does not have a fan.

There is no pool or restaurant but you are a short walk away from the beach and several good places to eat/drink. Just ask the staff, they had great recommendations.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel S, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Sylvia N,
Thank you kindly for choosing Vive Hotel! We sincerely appreciate your time in writing about your experience.

Here at Vive, the staff is truly the cream of the crop, I am most certainly thrilled that the they were helpful during your stay with us. Although the rooms are on the smaller side, space is efficiently utilized with soft earth tones setting a relaxing and attractive décor.

Your comments are duly noted and will be put into consideration. We always gladly welcome suggestions as it helps us to achieve better accommodations for all travelers.

Thank you again and we hope to serve you again in the near future. May you have a safe and happy holiday season.

Mahalo,
D. Sakakibara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at the Vive Hotel in Waikiki for five days and four nights. Located very close to Waikiki beach and the main strip in Waikiki. Rooms were clean, with simple but chic furnishings/decor; the Cosmopolitan room was a bit small, but catered to our needs....I do have to say that we could've used a bit more water pressure in our shower (the shower in the courtesy room was a lot better). Other services included free WiFi in each room, cable TV, in-room safe, continental breakfast, had fresh coffee/tea/water in the lobby for guests (available all day), free beach towel/mat/chair/boogie board rentals.
What made our stay were the staff - they were excellent. They were there to help us book our car rental, and answer any questions regarding excursions and local restaurants, etc. They were also very accommodating when we needed a late check out time as our flight out of Honolulu was not until midnight (e.g. offered us to stay in a courtesy room, kept our luggage after check-out, made sure we had a way to the airport).
Overall, it was a great place to come back to after a whole day of exploring Oahu.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Willowbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The service and front desk staff was super helpful and nice. We had an early check-in and late check-out and staff gladly accommodated us with that, also held our luggage. They provided map and a list with events in the area.The hotel was very modern, clean and located near Waikiki beach. It also included continental breakfast, beach towels, boogie boards, free wireless internet. What else do you need for perfect vocation? Thank you for an amazing stay!

Room Tip: Lifestyle junior suite - ocean view, is large and has great view.
1 Thank Julita C
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

The room was just right. The people were friendly and helpful. The location was amazing (Halloween in Waikiki is crazy); we were able to walk to whatever we needed – the beach, food and entertainment were all a short walk away.
We will choose the VIVE Hotel Waikiki again.

Princeville, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I just enjoyed a lovely stay at Vive Hotel Waikiki. This is a new boutique hotel that has been completely renovated and refurbished. Vive has an urban chic decor/feel and I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole Hawaii-ana and tropical feel of Waikiki, but you get that every where you go. At the end of the day I liked coming back to my room at Vive and walking into that feeling of casual sophistication. I had a junior suite and highly recommend this category. It is a bigger room and my room, on the 21st floor, had amazing views. The rooms do not have lanais but when I'm in Hawaii, I want to be on the beach when I'm not in meetings. I loved that the Vive is only a short 2 block walk to Waikiki beach. Because it's not beachfront it has a great price point. It's a smaller property so it definitely feels less crowded and more intimate. AND the best part, a simple continental breakfast is included, there is no resort fee and there is free WIFI. No hidden costs to add to your bill. I honestly don't think you can get that at any other hotel in Waikiki. Lastly, the staff was great -- they all remembered my name and were available to answer any questions I had or ready to offer any service needed. Thank you, Vive!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for the views and be sure to mention if you are coming for your wedding or yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the VIVE right after it opened in August 2013. We were only staying in Waikiki a couple of days and it met our needs quite well. It is newly renovated so everything is very new and clean. The rooms were a pleasure to stay in but are very small. The staff was very pleasant and its location is ideal...just two blocks from the beach. It offered a very nice and simple continental breakfast. For a short stay in the area I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

This is a boutique hotel, giving a very hip feel. The expansive lobby is quite attractive with comfortable seating. The rooms are on the small size; the bathrooms have pocket doors, and are a little close to the bed. Breakfast was included in our cost; a continental breakfast is served (fruit, croissants). While not on Waikiki Beach, the hotel is located just a few minutes away; the staff will provide you with beach towels, chairs, etc.

I can't say enough about the staff - they are young, friendly, and very eager to help in any way possible. They give the impression that they enjoy making your stay a pleasant one.

The price compared quite favorably to other hotels in the area. All in all, we were quite pleased with our stay there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel S, Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Jane’04,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your recent trip to Waikiki. We appreciate that you took the time to comment on your experience.

I am ecstatic to read you were able to enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast, the complimentary beach gear and lastly that your interactions with our staff was a positive one.

On behalf of the staff and management, thank you again and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Mahalo,