“Review of Vive Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Review of Vive Hotel”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's an excellent hotel to stay at in Waikiki. It is chic yet very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the parking valets. This hotel is in a great location - walking distance to beach, restaurants, shopping and bus stops. The hotel provides great amenities such as complimentary continental breakfast to start the morning; complimentary beach towels, chairs, boogy boards (upon request) for trips to the beach. I love the set up of the hotel breakfast area, there are various comfortable sitting areas with small tables and there is also a breakfast bar. It is well appointed and inviting.

The rooms are modern and very comfortable. It is very clean and we loved the HUGE walk in shower. The bathrooms very clean and neat. There were two air conditioning units that quiet and kept the room nice and cool - very important for me after being out in the sun. The room had lots of outlets for my electronics. Our room had a lovely view of Diamond Head and partial ocean view, very enjoyable while I work on my computer. Parking is by valet only. I really like it, the valet were great. They were friendly and provided fast service.

We really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great service and great place!

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner suites are large and quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We flew over to Oahu for the weekend from Maui to get away for a bit. We had reservations at a very large resort which isn't really our style to begin with. We ended up moving over to the Vive, and are extremely pleased that we did.

The lobby has a very fresh and chic look to it with contemporary furnishings and fun electro lounge music. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful and genuine.

We stayed in one of the junior suites. The room was quite large, extremely clean, there were ample outlets as well as a desk for our electronics, a huge closet and more storage under the bed. The bathroom was our favorite part. Again, very clean and fully equipped, but the ginormous shower is what really stood out. There is something fabulous about having a shower that is probably larger than some hotel bathrooms I've seen.

The atmosphere at the hotel was great. It was large enough that we definitely felt that we had plenty of privacy but small enough that you didn't feel as though you were going to get lost in a crowd. We encountered several of the same staff members throughout our stay. They were always willing to give suggestions and make sure our stay was fantastic.

This hotel has a great location and would be a lot of fun to travel to with a group of friends. We will definitely be back to the vive and will be recommending it to our friends on Maui.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

In a nutshell I'd say fabulous staff and great location! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in for sheer helpfulness (and I've travelled worldwide and stay in a hotel on average once a week). The concierge, Jackie, absolutely stood out for me, as she was unbelievably helpful before I'd even arrived. I had a lot to plan and I'd been emailing her weeks before I'd arrived (my parents were joining me over Christmas for their 40th wedding anniversary), nothing was a problem. She continued to help me throughout my trip recommending great places to eat and drink, as a single girl, as well as fab activities I could take part in. I left feeling like I was leaving a friend behind! The rest of the staff including George (concierge) and Kevin and Beverley (reception) were supremely helpful and friendly too - day and night (the reception is manned 24 hours). I simply can't fault them. The hotel is literally two blocks from the beach and the main streets with all the shops, restaurants, bars, other hotels. I felt very safe walking around at night from the hotel to these locations. Nothing was more than about a 10 minute walk away along very busy streets. The breakfast was simple - fruit and pastries, with a selection of teas and coffee, but that was perfect for me as I'm not a big breakfast eater and was off to learn to surf. Throughout the day and night there was always complimentary teas and coffees. The breakfast area is really cute with a range of breakfast bar, comfy chairs, benches and tables and chairs. The rooms are immaculate, comfy and minimalist in a modern, cool way, with neutral decor. I felt very at home! I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel. It really is an obvious choice, especially if quality of service is the most important thing to you! Outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracyjane2014
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Vive Hotel is an excellent hotel to stay at while in Waikiki. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The hotel is walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shopping. The hotel will give you complementary beach towels, chairs and boogy boards upon request. Also, they have a complementary breakfast as well. If you have a night flight back to the mainland like I did, the hotel will offer a room for you to shower and freshen up in before you go the airport. The rooms were kinda small but that was not an issue since I did not spend much time in the room. I would like to personally thank staff member, Kevin for his wonderful hospitality. If I come back to Waikiki, I will definitely stay at Vive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Lara M
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The 20th floor view where we stayed, is remarkable, at this very stylish, clean and friendly hotel. Our ten day long Christmas vacation was wonderful there - Mahalo and many thanks to the always smiling and helpful staff! We will be back and would definitely recommend the VIVE for anybody visiting Honolulu.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Imola K
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It was a WONDERFUL stay! I purchased a Groupon deal for one night at Vive. I emailed Vive several months in advance and requested a room upgrade, and rose petals in the room, as a surprise to my fiance. The Vive representative (Brittany K.) was very responsive, kind, and accommodating.
When we arrived, everything was in place, the room upgrade and additional touches were PERFECT! The attention to detail was very touching, and it was a great experience.
Some business do not treat younger guests with respect (we are in our late 20's), but that was not the case here! We were treated as valued customers, and would gladly return as a result.

Room Tip: Contact the staff with questions, because it's definitely worth upgrading size and ocean view if...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank clc9860
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

A reasonable choice if you seek for a place to stay with a friend and don't want to spend too much money. Clean, relatively new hotel in the central of Waikiki. The room was pretty small, although there was a balcony. The continental breakfast was terrible.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel S, Front Office Manager at Vive Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Verduncy,
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we appreciate your valuable time in writing a review. We are definitely a relatively new hotel as we opened on July 2013.
The only rooms that feature a balcony here at Vive is 2 of the penthouse units. Assuming you had the penthouse junior suite with the balcony, which is roughly 420 sq. feet, I apologize the room size wasn't as anticipated.
While our complimentary continental breakfast does not feature any hot items, it does offer pastries, muffins, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, pineapple, coffee, tea, and pineapple juice. We often even have other seasonal fruit including papaya and oranges as well. Your feedback is duly noted and we will certainly look into seeing an expansion on the breakfast.
Thank you kindly for choosing Vive Hotel Waikiki. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Take care.

Kind regards,